A Witch's Mark

"So do you have any idea of who did this to them?"

Davina had just stepped inside of the compound and Marcel was already asking questions from the balcony on the opposite side. She breathed in deep not knowing really anything that was going on. Gripping her satchel tighter, she moved over to the stairs and that's when she seen both Violet and Klaus sitting near the fountain.

"Can you at least wait until I'm actually inside and not yelling half way across the room?"

She smiled faintly turning her attention back towards Marcel. Violet sat with her elbow on her knee and she was resting her head in the palm of her hand. She was actually ignoring Klaus who was feeding off of some girl who they found for them. She had enough blood but the smell was still tempting.

"You have to do that when I show up too, am I correct? You couldn't have the beast feed a different time where I won't be able to see it?" She hated seeing the local people being hurt, anyone for that matter.

"You know how Klaus is, even if Elijah said no I'm sure he would still do what he wanted"

"Right, so what exactly happened again? Some witch took their memory?"

"I'll let them explain the situation"

He backed away from the balcony and jogged down the stairs. The witch turned to the vampires still trying to focus her mind on something else besides the poor human girl. Violet glanced at Klaus and sighed, she had to explain this for a third time?

She explained it which puzzled Davina. "Well I can tell you that it was no one from my coven so it has to be a lone witch or a witch from one of the other covens"

"I thought most of the witches of New Orleans were in your coven?" He asked, she remembered that he hasn't been into the city of late.

"New Orleans Marcel, that doesn't mean the other neighboring cities such as Algiers or Treme. They are still their own coven and I have no control over them"

She looked back at them and that was when she had enough. She put her hand out and chanted something quickly and quietly. Klaus lifted his head up and glared.

"Did I mention that I hate witches considering that they are a pain in the ass?"

He tossed the dead girl aside as her blood was no longer good. Marcel stepped in between them just for good measure. He gave both of them a look and Violet just shifted her head between all of them.

"How far back do you remember Violet? You too Klaus"

She thought then looked at the young witch. "Um, I guess about 1844. I know my Mama and Papa, as well as my brothers and sisters are dead. And I'm magically a vampire"

"There's that accent I remember" Klaus grinned as she elbow him in the side slightly. For both of them, the only good thing for them was that they remembered each other and that was somewhat ground for them. "Well I remember when I came to New Orleans back in 1700 something but according to Elijah and Rebekah, they are my siblings and did arrive with me but I have no idea who they honestly are"

Klaus and Violet sat side by side in the dining room of the compound. Davina stood across from them flipping through a grimore for the right spell. They all agreed that she could attempt to get their memory back but of course it was risky. Either it could work or even work half way. They could get some of their memory back but not all and that was what Davina was expecting to get.

"Alright, so I'll start with Violet first because I believe Klaus will take longer due to his age" She stepped over and placed her fingertips on Violet's temple. "This is going to hurt so hold on as tight as you can. If either of them freak out a little too much, I expect you guys to help hold her down"

Marcel crossed his arms and rubbed his head slowly. Rebekah and Elijah watched quietly as she began the spell. Violet screamed and withered in pain but there was nothing no one could do for them besides the young witch.

"There's something in her mind that I can't access. It's like these witches are hiding something in there but I can't figure out what"

"Are you able to bring her memory back?"

"Just give me a minute; I think I can break it..."

Davina began to chant again and she didn't hear a word that Elijah said to her. Rebekah looked on concerned feeling like this was going to backfire on them. He spoke once again and glanced at Klaus who wasn't paying any attention to the scene unfolding in front of him. Once Davina stopped chanting, she stood still without any word.

"D? D what's wrong?"

Elijah caught her as she fell backwards into his arms. "She fainted; we need to lie her down"

Rebekah jumped up and raced for a pillow. He laid her on the table as Marcel ran over to her. He helped placing the pillow under her head but then focused on Violet. She moved over to help and Klaus stood to see what was going on.

"Is she going to be okay?"

"Everything is fine, I'm okay" Davina mumbled fluttering her eyes and coming back to her senses.

They watched quietly and waited for her. Rebekah handed her a glass of water and she a little of it.

"I think I broke some of the memory spell so I think some of it is back but whatever they hid...It's something dangerous Marcel. It's like a message of some sort that I can't figure out"

"We did have this symbol on the back of our hands and then it disappeared"

"Do you remember what it looks like? Can you draw it?"

Violet looked over her shoulder at Klaus who was far better artist than she was. He got up, moved over to the group trying to remember what it looked like. Elijah handed him a piece of paper and drew it the best he could. Once he finished, Davina looked at the image trying to figure out where she had seen it.

"It looks like it's marking of a coven, something like their own personal symbol. Now this doesn't mean that they have control over them but I'm guessing they left it wanting you all to figure out who it belongs to. I can search around and see what I can find..."

"Are you sure you are alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just glad I can remember some stuff. Davina said it will all come back eventually, it just takes time. The one thing I'm worried about it Klaus"

"Me too, I understand Elijah and Rebekah are going to keep a close eye but we know how that works. I just hope he's not going to have psychotic break at some point"

"Who Klaus? He would never do such a thing"

Violet laughed lightly as Marcel cracked a smile. The whole situation was both weird and confusing and neither one of them knew what to make out of it. Goodbye to the werewolf problem and onto the witches.

"You think maybe throwing some sort of formal ball or something would bring semi peace between the covens that are in the city? We don't want a repeat of the 50's in which you made me practically kill a whole coven"

"You may have a point but I don't know if that's a good idea Vi"

Making peace with the witches of New Orleans, more or less Davina's coven would make sense if a neighboring witch coven wanted to start something. That could get witches on their side to help, well if they actually accepted the offer. Only time would tell if they were going to repeat a witch massacre.