Track 03: Good Girls

Start from the beginning

I lost.

The champion team started cheering and having their own little party as some of our little audiences started heading out of the room. I sat down for a while, my teammates already leaving me behind without even saying anything like "it's okay, Luke." Fuck them all. They only need me when they have to solve Mathematical equations.

I stared blankly at my shoes, having things still seem to be an unbelievable event. I suddenly felt my phone vibrate, somehow taking me back to my senses. I sat up straight to reach down for my phone inside my pocket, but the sight of the two feet with black shoes on them caught my attention, and I lightly gasped the moment I looked up. Elle.

"Bien essayé." She stated with a smirk, her natural pink lips being a tease. I furrowed my eyebrows, and then she just turned her back on me and started heading out of the room.

I stared at the door as the sight of her completely disappeared, my mind still trying to decipher what she just told me. I'm pretty sure it's French, or maybe Spanish, I don't know. But we don't even have a French class and it's quite weird for her to speak using that language.

I rolled my eyes and went back to my own business, completely ignoring and forgetting what just happened. I reached for my phone, and a smile automatically formed in my lips the moment I read Ashton's text.

"Halloween party tonight! U on?"

My fingers quickly typed 'yes', hitting send immediately with a smirk plastered on my face.

I don't care about Math. Fuck that. I need to loosen up.

But man. I never knew French would be such a turn on.

*

"Look at your ex girlfriend." Ashton stated, and he knew I was watching Stella since I got here. I'm trying not to look at her anymore, but she keeps taking my attention away from anything I'm trying to keep myself busy with.

I rolled my eyes and took a sip from my cup of beer. "Let her do what she wants."

Ashton chuckled, obviously annoyed too. Stella has been trying to get my attention and I think she's winning, because she keeps grinding her ass on each and every guy who's pass by her with two cups of beer in her hands. She looks pretty smashed already, and I don't get it why she's acting this way. It's not like I don't care about her anymore. We talked about how we can still remain good friends but she just doesn't want it to happen. She wants me back, but there's no way that I would ever want that to happen. It's been seven months already, and for the fact that I caught her cheating would never make anything change about the fact that I don't ever want her back in my life.

It's a halloween party, but I didn't take too much effort of trying to dress up like teens do every halloween. I got dressed in black from head to toe, thinking that black could be a scary color but to be honest, halloween or not, I'm still going out wearing all black. Ashton and I decided to part ways, probably trying to enjoy the party. In my part, I couldn't find what could make me occupied tonight. I don't want to get "laid" tonight like what Ashton told me before we parted ways. I wish we could have just watched scary films at home and maybe I could invite some new friends and try to congratulate them by trying to celebrate in the way they're used to. But apparently, I'm at some house party without anyone to talk to, and maybe in less than an hour I would ditch my own best friend and just go home.

I was resting my back at a door frame when some commotion started happening probably around the living room. Everyone was cheering and shouting, and by that it got me really curious. I left my cup at the table as I make my way around the circle that the people had started to make. I squished myself to get into the front to see what was happening. The moment I got there, I swear it felt like a big hand slapped me on the face and my heart did a back flip for what welcomed me.