Chapter 25: Hanging Out

Start from the beginning

"I dunno... I just remember that they were weird... and you were there... and... Kai I think... and maybe Zane? Agh.. I can't remember," I shrug.

"Well, you better get out of bed. Nya wants us at their place at around five," Lloyd says as he rubs his hand on my shoulder.

"Mmmm..." I hum lightly, "okay."

I roll over and sit up, letting my legs hang over the side of the bed. I arch my back and lift up my arms and yawn as I stretch. It takes me a minute to build up the energy, but I eventually stand up and head for the bathroom. I just brush my teeth, shower, all that junk. I even shaved my face. Something I haven't done in an amount of time that's a bit longer than I'd like to admit.

For some reason, I was feeling pretty confident with myself today. Despite waking up at 2 PM, I feel like I have a nice day ahead of me. Hopefully, anyway.

I guess Koko had gone to work before I'd woken up considering I hadn't seen her around the apartment anywhere. I step back into Lloyd's room and it looks like he had just gotten done getting himself dressed. He was in his usual black pants and plain shirt but he wasn't wearing his jacket.

"Any reason you're not wearing the jacket today?" I ask. I know the jacket has some kind of sentimental importance to him. I just never bothered to ask about it. It's like he never goes without it unless he coordinates some other outfit.

"I dunno... I just... don't know if I need it anymore," he shrugs.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I lean against the doorway as I stare at Lloyd. He stuffs his hands in his pockets as he looks to his jacket that lays gently on his bed.

"I guess my attachment to it is kinda dumb," he sighs.

"If it makes you happy, then keep wearing it. And if it doesn't make you happy then you don't have to. You need to listen to what you want rather than looking too deep into it," I say. And I didn't bother to question why he's so attached to it. I just wanted to be supportive.

"Yeah, but I feel like it's a lot less simple than that..." he stares off for a moment before looking back to me, "it used to be my father's."

"What? How would your dad even fit in that, he has four arms," I stand up straight and walk a little further towards Lloyd.

"Uhh... he didn't always have four arms... Mom said he used to look normal... Like me..." Lloyd pauses.

"So when your mom met him, he was normal? And not an evil warlord?" I ask.

"Umm, I don't know, maybe? She says she has pictures of what he used to look like but I'm not sure what he looked like when they met. I do think about it a lot though... my dad runs through my thoughts a lot more than I'd like to admit," he chuckles nervously.

"Does she still have them? Maybe she has a photo album around here somewhere," I suggest.

"I dunno, (Y/N). Even if she did have one, I'm sure she wouldn't want me snooping around and trying to find it," Lloyd shrugs as he rubs his arm.

"Maybe you can ask about it later. You want to know more about your dad, right?" I try to convince him. I'm curious about his father myself. He's... definitely an interesting character.

"Part of me wants to know more about him. To know why he is the way that he is and why he chose to be... bad... and... sometimes I wonder if his appearance and even his way of thinking are genetic. Mom says he wasn't always a bad guy. So sometimes I worry that something might change in me... I could start to grow another set of arms... or worse. I could start to think the way he does... and I would prove everyone right. I'd be the monster they always say I am," Lloyd takes a deep breath and it almost looks like he's fighting back tears.