Scene 16 - The End Of The Pyramid

They arrive back at the temple, but the wormhole remains open. All of them take a huge sigh of relief.

River:

Shut that thing off permanently before it reaches here!

A voice suddenly booms out from the other side...

Seth:

ONE LAST SACRIFICE SHALL BE MADE!

The Doctor points out the Sonic to seal up the wormhole forever, but Seth appears out and grabs Hope! It is too late to do anything now! The Doctor was sealing it up, but Hope was too close to it, and she is dragged into it by Seth!

Hope:

ARGH! Doctor! DOCTOR!

Doctor:

NO!

She is dragged in, and the wormhole closes! There was now no way back. The grey fizzing energy had now dissipated. She had joined the massive explosion.

No. No! NO! No, no, no, no, no! You can't do this to me! I just got her out of there, I went to the whole trouble of going in and getting her to save her, and then that Seth has to grab her in and bring her in at the last minute!

River:

Sweetie, look...

Doctor:

No, stop. Don't call me sweetie anymore! Every single time I end up saving somebody it seems to be utterly pointless in the end. Why is it whatever I do, it seems utterly pointless in the long term?

Amy:

Doctor, that wasn't pointless! You just saved the universe there. Without you, Earth wouldn't still be here. Earth would never have existed if it weren't for you saving it every blasted second of humanity's existence.

The Doctor sighs sadly and stops to think for a moment.

Doctor:

Suppose so. Come on. Let's just go.

Rory:

Oh. I was just about to begin to enjoy this holiday.

Amy:

Don't ask, Rory. Oh, by the way, River, how did you know we would be on Esto at exactly the same point as we were on?

River:

Simple. I paid more than one stop. When I arrived back to sort out your arrival I got back here and realized you weren't here. So, I gathered you must have been on Esto.

Rory:

Good thing you realized.

They proceed down the passage leading out.

You know, there is some very nice stuff in here, perhaps we could keep some as a souvenir.

Doctor:

No! It's not ours. Just leave it.

Amy:

Don't argue with him Rory. He's not happy.

Rory:

Just asking. It puts a bit of a downer on the rest of our holiday now.

Doctor:

I think it would just be better if I took the TARDIS out of this skirmish somewhere that's not here and finish mending her up elsewhere. Come to think of it, the TARDIS did seem to be directing where we needed to go in order to stop Seth.