Scene 2 - Time For A Holiday

We are now inside the TARDIS. It is a different time altogether now. We are before the events of what we have just witnessed a moment ago. Our only shot of the TARDIS interior is the doors. Amy enters in, striding in the lead. She is in a bossy, demanding, if not controlling mood. We see from her outfit that she looks ready to go to the beach. She wears sunglasses, a short skirt, a crop top with exposed shoulders, and trainers.

Amy:

Right, come on you two. Time for a holiday! I want to be off as soon as.

The Doctor enters behind, following Amy up to the control console.

Doctor:

Amy, this is a time machine. We have all the time we can faff around.

We then zoom up to the control console from the view of the doors – and the console is a mess! The glass panels are open with wires and circuits lying out messily. Boards are left dumped around it. The mess lies around all six sides of the console, and all kinds of cables along the ground with extension leads. It's like a jungle of wires! Some hang from the scanner and leading all the way up to the top of the centre column. The glass itself has been removed, leaving only the glass inside that rises up and down. More cables and leads follow around there too. For Classic Who fans, the console is in a similar mess that it was in The Horns Of Nimon, just for the first Eleventh Doctor style TARDIS. The Doctor has to jump along the floor to avoid the circuits and extension cables and dig through open boards and other circuits to begin programing what he requires for the TARDIS. He heads by the Helm panel.

Amy:

It would probably take a hundred years for the TARDIS to finally get us to where we want us to go after you've stripped the console.

Doctor:

Are you saying that I still don't know how to fly my own TARDIS? Over 1,000 or so years' experience, I can't operate the TARDIS?

Amy:

Well, how many times have we arrived in the wrong time zone and before you said you had total and complete control of your ship?

Doctor:

Well... no... yes. I mean, well... they were external factors that weren't necessarily my burden. Like for example, most recently, our old friend, House. I was given mail. And it was a ploy the whole time. After that little episode, I think the TARDIS needs to have some updates to it. 

Amy:

So, what chance do we have of finally getting to somewhere that we need to, especially when the TARDIS is in this state?

Doctor:

You and I have both been to the beach before. That was nice. No interruptions for once.

The Doctor heads underneath the console for a few more repairs and puts on special goggles. Amy approaches and bends down to demand her answer.

Amy:

That doesn't answer my question, Doctor. Our destination is Egypt, not the seaside.

Doctor:

Well, depends on if there are any beaches where we will be going.

Rory has entered and closes the doors behind him. We only hear the closing of the doors, and now we see Amy look towards her husband.

Amy:

Ah, Rory. What kept you?

We now see the Doctor busy tinkering with his ship again, before changing to the shot of Amy again, and then Rory beside the door looking out of breath and tired with a brown suitcase to his left.