Scene 11 - TARDIS flight

The asteroid continues to zoom through the depths of deep space, maintaining its doomed collision course for Esto. We then return to the planet's surface of seeing the Doctor, Hope, and Weasel ahead of the Mosqurates who either walk-behind or fly above in the air. There is not another being in sight. Probably hiding away from the terrifying, more superior Mosqurate species.

Mosqurate 2:

THE LOST PYRAMID OF MOSQURANA!

Hope:

Well, looks as though we might be some of the first men and women in existence to enter into this unknown pyramid.

Mosqurate 1:

YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH EGYPTIAN TEMPLES AND HIEROGLYPHICS?

Doctor:

I am. I've seen all kinds of Egyptian pyramids and temples scattered throughout the universe. Some are closer to Earth than you think. Many pyramids and temples out in Egypt are still undiscovered. Still, there's always a first for when you're over a thousand years old. As a matter of fact, Amy fancied a trip to the pyramids right before the old girl began playing up. Oh! The TARDIS!

Hope:

Oh yeah.

Mosqurate 2:

WHAT?

Weasel:

Tell him the truth. Remember, they can tell when we're lying.

Doctor:

Ah yes, good point. Well, erm, the TARDIS is a little jumbled at the moment. But fingers crossed we will get there.

Mosqurate 2:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN, JUMBLED?

Doctor:

Just a repair job. That's all really. Ah, here she is. Makes a change from the last time we made it back here. A nice little stroll around the planet this time.

Mosqurate 2:

BECAUSE DOCTOR, WE ARE THE DOMINANT SPECIES! THIS IS FOR THE GOOD OF OUR PEOPLE AND OUR CIVILISATION! PERFECTLY HUMANE AND ADEQUATE FOR US TO CONSUME OUR REQUIRED MINERALS AND VITAMINS FROM OTHER BEINGS!

Doctor:

Suppose so. All in the food chain. As Hope and I would know on Skullva. Pretty horrible nature at times. Well, here we are. Are you all coming inside?

Mosqurate 3:

OF COURSE! WE KNOW YOUR TARDIS IS FAR LARGER ON THE INSIDE! WE CAN SENSE ITS VIBRATIONS!

Doctor:

Oh, really?

The Doctor unlocks the TARDIS door and opens up.

Mosqurate 2:

I SHALL LEAD FIRST! THEN YOU, DOCTOR! THEN MY PEOPLE!

They enter. First the second Mosqurate, the Doctor, then Hope and Weasel, followed by the entire Mosqurate surviving population as they swarm inside. The controls are left messy and disorganized. The giant Mosquitos fly in whilst leaving the instrumentation alone. The doors are left shut.

Doctor:

Now please, leave all the technobabble alone for me to deal with. And don't get lost in the corridors. But then again, you can probably find your way back.

Some of the TARDIS noises and vibrations upset the Mosqurates, making them squint their eyes and wince painfully.

Mosqurate 1:

AH! YOUR SHIP! ITS STRANGE PROPERTIES ARE... AH! AFFECTING US! TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH!

Hope:

Well at least you're all in.

Mosqurate 3:

WE HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THE PLANTS OF ESTO, BUT THIS MACHINERY IS FAR TOO MUCH FOR US TO STAND!

Mosqurate 2:

THIS MACHINE IS AN UTTER MESS! GET US TO WHERE WE NEED TO GO!

Doctor:

Ah, yes, well, as a matter of fact, because of all this mess around...

Mosqurate 2:

AT ONCE!

Doctor:

Alright, alright. That's another thing I do for lots of races. I get them from A to B and they're still ungrateful for it. Always shouting and pointing guns at me to tell me what to do or they'll shoot people, etc, etc.

The Doctor fiddles with the controls again slightly before the TARDIS begins taking off suddenly. The Doctor didn't press or pull the right buttons or levers. And it seems as though the TARDIS is flying smoothly as before with no vigorous or erratic shaking. The Mosqurates squeal at the pain from the TARDIS' materialization.

Hope:

I thought you said that you don't know if we can take off in the state we're in?

Doctor:

The TARDIS seems to be functioning perfectly. It's like there was never anything wrong with her! What is going on girl? You want us to do something. Follow a certain pattern and complete what we need to set out to do.

Hope:

So, if all is miraculously well, we should end up in Egypt among the Pyramid of Mosqurana.

Doctor:

That's it exactly Hope.

They are left to watch the centre column glass rise up and down. Outside the ship, we see the blue light flash and fade with the ship. However, we are looking down from a low level and see the giant ticks, cockroaches and bedbugs watching and waiting. They hiss and growl at them viciously. Hopefully, if all goes well, they should be arriving at the lost Pyramid of Mosqurana...