Scene 3 - It Leads This Way

The Doctor jumps down from a level onto some softer, lighter terrain. It appears that they have climbed down the great height with the cave down onto a similar area to like the path where the travellers arrived from via the wormhole. The setting is very similar; the trees, the path, the forestry, the colours etc. The girls were on the lower level of ground already. River feels slight pain because she can hear the plants communicating with each other still.

River:

Ah!

Hope:

What is it?

River:

Just more of those plants communicating again.

Hope:

It will soon pass. You'll be fine.

The Doctor uses the Sonic to help detect a way back to the wormhole. He points in the direction of the left, where his device bleeps slowly compared to a fast rhythm in the other directions.

Doctor:

Ah. Hmm. Yes. This way I think.

River:

Where does that lead to?

Doctor:

My guess is that it heads back to the wormhole that we arrived at Esto at, eventually. I couldn't see a path when we were higher up probably because of the vegetation. Come along. It leads this way.

They head down that way. The path still looks identical to the ones we explored earlier.

Hope:

I haven't been down this path. Or been to this area. I'll just have to take your word for it the way back is this route.

Doctor:

I'm good with bearings. I can sometimes sense which way we need to follow. Especially returning home. Even though the pyramid isn't exactly home. That's why I can instead us the Sonic to help us detect any Mosqurates in the surrounding area. Somehow, eventually, our scent will be tracked by one of the mutations on this planet.

Hope:

I just hope you're right.

Doctor:

Oh, of course I am. Trust me, I'm the Doctor.

River:

Oh, stop flirting! You wait until Amy hears about this.

Doctor:

Wouldn't be the first time.

We see them continue walking along the path, but high up in the sky there are some black dots. They are a little difficult to make out, but we speedily zoom up towards them and get the terrifying view of the newly hatched Mosqurates from earlier! They fly in the sky and watch above like eagles. The new offspring locate and lock their eyes onto prey from down below, the Doctor and his friends. They then begin descending down and commencing their attack...