Scene 9 - A History Lesson

Back on Esto, the first Mosqurate jumps in front of the others. He is protecting the Doctor and Hope. Tension stifles between the Mosqurate people.

Mosqurate 2:

STEP ASIDE!

Mosqurate 1:

YOU HAVE A BETTER IDEA WE CAN ESCAPE WITH?

Doctor:

Seems as though we do as they say, Hope. When it comes to an entire race's survival, they'll be desperate to escape to salvation. Believe me.

Mosqurate 1:

YOU SEE? SMELL ITS BLOOD! IF IT WERE LYING, ITS PRESSURE WOULD GROW SWEETER!

Mosqurate 2:

VERY WELL... BUT I WILL ONLY TOLERATE ITS USEFULNESS, FOR NOW! ONCE OUR PEOPLE ARE SAFE...

Mosqurate 1:

YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU DESIRE! WHAT MATTERS NOW IS THAT WE ESCAPE TOGETHER!

Mosqurate 2:

SPEAK, HUMANS! YOU KNOW THAT YOU CANNOT ESCAPE FROM OUR PRESENCE, CERTAINLY NOT AT THIS RANGE!

Weasel:

Tell them what you want! Please! I beg of you! Just tell them. If you lie, they will be able to smell the increase in our heart rates!

Doctor:

Well for a start, I'm not human. But I think it would be better if you were to explain what exactly is happening. Therefore, we can understand fully what you require us to carry out. Sound good? Yes? No?

Mosqurate 2:

NO!

Mosqurate 1:

WHY? HE NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND!

Mosqurate 3:

THEY COULD POSE A POSSIBLE THREAT TO OUR RACE!

Mosqurate 1:

BUT ONCE WE HAVE ARRIVED, YOU CAN DO WITH THEM WHAT YOU WILL!

Hope:

Oh. Thanks.

Mosqurate 2:

VERY WELL! BUT HURRY! IF THEY HAVE A WAY OUT OF HERE, GET ON WITH IT! WE ARE WASTING TIME!

Mosqurate 1:

WELL, ALIENS, YOU SEE, OUR ANCESTORS ARE SOME OF THE EARLIEST KNOWN LIVING ORGANISMS THAT DOMINATED THIS UNIVERSE! OUR SURVIVING TRANSCRIPTIONS PROVE THAT OUR RACE WAS STILL EXISTENT EVEN BEFORE OUR UNIVERSE! OVER THE MANY TRILLIONS OF YEARS, HOWEVER, OUR COLONY BEGAN TO GENETICALLY MUTATE! WE ARE THE HIGHEST FORM OF INTELLIGENCE FOR OUR SPECIES!

Mosqurate 2:

AS FAR AS THIS PLANET IS CONCERNED!

Mosqurate 1:

OUR MIGHTY GOD THAT HAS EXISTED BEFORE TIME AND SPACE BEGAN HUMANS, BANISHED THE MAJORITY OF OUR SPECIES WHO REBELLED AGAINST HIS ACCURSED PROPOSITIONS OF CHAOS OVER THE LANDS! ONLY A SMALL HANDFUL REMAIN WITH HIS HIGHNESS NOW! HE HAS BEEN AWAITING TO WRECK HIS INSANITY ACROSS THE UNIVERSE! WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT THAT IS! WHEN HE AND HIS PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REAWOKEN!

Mosqurate 2:

THE STAR HE HIDES IN HIS SLUMBER IS YOUR ORIGINS TOO, ALIENS!

Hope:

Earth?

Mosqurate 2:

CORRECT! NOW WE MUST RETURN TO EARTH TO ESCAPE TO THE MOST DELICIOUS BREEDING GROUND OF ALL GALAXIES!

Doctor:

You're going to use the people of Earth to feed off your entire race? Why couldn't you just stay here and leave your old grandad to sleep in peace and feed off the remaining animals there are here already on Esto.

Weasel:

That's because the mighty god left them on this doomed rock for a reason.

Mosqurate 3:

THE FOREBODING CATASTROPHE HE WITNESSED THAT OBLITERATED BILLIONS!

Weasel:

Oh dear. When he means that, he means an asteroid is on its way to the planet. An asteroid that will blow this planet into tiny fragments that even the fillings in our teeth won't even be left!

We see from deep space some firing rocketing asteroid burning its flames behind. It shoots through space, hurtling towards its target – Esto!