XV. Anxiety

Darshan's POV:

I was so happy. I was practically dancing around in my room. Alone. Thank Merlin. Because Aisha would run away if she saw me dance. Until my phone rang. Ishu. "Haan bol," I said. "Kabhi toh dhang se baat kar liya kar. Tu ghar pe hai kya?" She mocked. "Tu bada dhang se baat karti hai. Saali. Haan, ghar pe hoon, kya hai?" I laughed. "Yaar, yeh Neel is crying. He wants you to come over," she said. "Aaah, Neelie. Kya yaar? Baccha, thodi der ruk ja," she groaned. "Main aa raha hun. Ruk," I said and cut the call. I ran over to Aisha's place and rang the doorbell. "It's open!!" She said. "Uncle Dalshan," Neel grinned and walked up to me. I picked him up. "Aise chillate hai?" I asked, acting angry. "Solly," he pouted. I smiled and kissed his head. I sat next to Aisha. "Kya hua?" I asked. "He didn't want to sleep without you," she chuckled. I looked at Neel. He gave me a baby smile and snuggled into my chest. I smiled at him. He was so cute. "Main sone jaaun? Bohot kaam tha. And, I'm dead, D," Aisha asked. "Main kya karun? Stay up at night? Main bhi mar chuka hoon, yaar," I whined. "Ugh. Don't whine. Tu chal. Let's go put Neelie in Summer's room and then you can go home," she said and picked Neel up. We walked to Summer's room and laid him next to her. Summer smiled at us and we walked out, closing the door. "Chal, good night," Aisha said, kissing my cheek and walking away. She looked (refer image) so cute in those PJs. I did the one thing I wanted to do all these days. I ran behind her and picked her up, spinning her around, kissing her cheeks and neck, repeatedly. She laughed, lightly. I carried her to her room and tucked her in. I kissed her hair and nose. She pulled my face closer and whispered in my ear, "Stay," softly. I bit my lip and laid next to her. She hugged me and sighed. "What's up?" I asked. "It feels so good to fall asleep next to someone who actually loves me," she sighed, hugging me tighter and closing her eyes. 

Aisha's POV:

I actually liked Jai. I wasn't using him as he thought I was. It did not end well. AGAIN. And, that hurt. I got up and looked at Darshan. He still loved me after all these years. I did too. But I was still afraid. Afraid, that he'd leave me. And that I'd have to go through that mess all over again. I laid down and hugged Darshan. I've lost people who I've loved. Many times. This was the only chance I had to get Darshan back, and my anxiety had to intervene. I stuck my face in the crook of Darshan's neck and tried to sleep. My breath fanned over him and he woke up. "Ishu, kya ho gaya?" He asked, looking at my scared expression. I shook my head. He sat me up and caressed my face. "I'm scared, Gabbu. I'm very scared. That I'm going to lose you. And, forever this time. That I'm going to end up all alone, stranded without anybody to love me. After Mamma and Papa, I don't think I've ever had a peaceful day of sleep. I am always thinking about myself getting stranded. I don't know what to do. I want someone to actually prove they want me in their life. Every guy that I've met in the last few years either liked me for my money or my looks. Nobody liked me for who I truly was. I..." I rambled on for at least a minute before taking a deep breath. Darshan kissed my head. "Sweetheart, I know. It's hard. Stay strong. I love you. You know that. I know you're afraid because I cheated on you. That was 8 years ago. I was wrong. I hurt you. I am sorry. I am truly very sorry. How do I prove it to you?" He asked. "I don't know, Darshan. I don't know," I mumbled, stifling a sob. "Ishu, no. Don't cry," he consoled pulling me into his lap and cuddling me. "You're so tiny," he chuckled. "I am not tiny," I whisper-yelled, smacking his arm. He chuckled and kissed my head. My head was close to his stomach. I got off of his lap and pushed him down. I slowly pulled up his shirt and kissed him right there on his stomach, on all his scars, slightly pulling at the delicate skin. He smirked. I grinned and crawled next to him, kissing his neck and closing my eyes. He pulled me to his chest and caressed my hair. 

Darshan's POV:

She loved me so much. And, she was so open about it. Fearlessly. How was I going to prove my love for her?