VII. Date Night

Aisha's POV:

I walked inside the rehearsal room and sat down. Darshan walked in looking upset. "Aisha, can I vent? I am outraged, and I want to punch someone!!" He grumbled. I looked up at him. He started venting about how the past few days hadn't been productive at all and a hundred other things. After 15 minutes of yelling, he took a deep breath. He smiled and we started the routine. 

"Aisha, thanks for letting me yell," he grinned. I nodded, tilting my head and walking away to get some water. "Ishu," he called. Memories flashed through my mind. I turned around, my eyes wet. "It means a lot. Really. I'm not exaggerating," he smiled. "Unproductive weeks sabke hote hai. It's okay. It relaxes you and gives you more ideas," I smiled back. I wasn't faking it for the first time. I turned around and put my water bottle away. "That's the longest sentence you've said to me," he laughed. I shrugged with one shoulder. "Let's get back?" I asked. He nodded. "Arre. I forgot. From Tuesday, we will do the slow dance practice," I informed. He agreed. 

"Ready for your date?" He asked. "As ready as I'll ever be," I said, picking up my backpack and putting my phone in.

Next Night...

I (refer image) walked into the restaurant. Rohan texted me saying he was already there. I slipped into the seat in front of him and sighed. "Kya ho gaya? You're late," he asked. "I was in a meeting with Chaaya. She is very particular about my schedule," I replied. "You gonna say sorry?" He asked. "No. It is a valid reason to be late. If it was a stupid reason, I would have apologised," I said. He chuckled. We ordered our food and waited. "You look great," he said, eyeing me up and down. I smiled. "How long have you been single?" He asked, again. "8 years," I replied, sadly. "Yikes. That is crazy. Why wouldn't anyone want to date you? You're so cute," he exclaimed, holding my hand across the table. "Well, I don't date people if they only like me for my face. They need to like my crazy, independent, 'I don't care what you think about me', chilled-out persona. And, how much of a workaholic I am. I have many guy friends and we're all very close," I clarified, counting on my fingers. "How many guy friends?" He asked. "Okay. Hardil, Siddharth, Jyugal, Aarav, Riaan, Darshan," I replied, signing a 6. "And girls?" He asked, again. Too curious. "Alisha, Tara, Niharika," I rejoined, signing a 3. He smiled. "Now, tell me about yourself. I've been talking for so long," I said. "Well, I'm 25. I am in this boring 9 -to- 5 job. Same as you..." he started before I cut him off. "I don't work in a 9-to-5 job. I am a choreographer for Bollywood," I answered, giving him a look. Our food arrived and we started eating. "What?" He asked. I nodded, smiling proudly. "Wow," he gasped. I continued eating until he asked, "How much do you earn in a month?"

I stared at him. He wanted me for my money. I could see the greed and lust in his eyes. "Nobody's business," I answered. My phone rang at that exact moment. Chaaya. "Hi," I greeted. "Bro, do you need us to conduct 213?" She asked, urgently. "Chaaya, main abhi nahi aa sakti. And, yes. It is in the folder named 'Code: Orange'," I said and she cut the call. Rohan looked at me. "What?" He asked. "She needed a document from my computer," I answered, swallowing my food. He moved towards me and slipped a hand on my thigh, moving closer to my lips. I moved my head back. "Why not?" He asked. "'Cause, it is our first date," I said. I pushed him away before my Bailout Mission (213) call came in. Tara. "Haan bol," I received. "Dude, Niu's in the hospital. She broke her leg. Aayegi?" She asked. I could hear Niu laughing in the background. "Haaye. What did she do? I'm on my way," I said, cutting the call. "You're leaving?" Rohan asked, a bit angry. "Niharika's in the hospital. Obviously," I said. "You can't leave mid-date," he whisper-yelled. "For a friend, I can," I said and asked the waiter for the check. I picked up the tab and walked away after they returned my card. 

 I drove all the way home. I walked in and laid down on the couch with a hand covering my eyes. "Thanks," I sighed. "Gold digger?" Niu asked and I nodded. They groaned. I got changed and we sat down to watch a movie and have dinner. 

Darshan's POV:

I heard that Aisha's date didn't go well. I wanted to make sure she was okay, but, I didn't have an excuse. I walked outside my house and saw Aisha sitting on the swing outside her house. I walked to her. "Hi," she greeted, not looking up from her book. "Woah. How do you do that?" I asked. She shrugged, looking up at me. "You okay? I heard about your date," I asked, sitting down by her side. "Yeah. Well, I could see it. Before it went bad," she said, brushing her shoulders and acting all great. She was so cute. I smiled. "Aisha, I need to talk to you about what happened 8 years ago. I know you don't want to listen to me and..." I drifted. "Shhh. I'll listen. But, don't go all emotional. Please," she shushed. I sighed. "Let's go to the park," she said, getting up. 

At the Park...

We sat down and I started talking. "I cheated on you 8 years ago. I thought you'd never find out. I told you I loved Amaira. And, after 3 months, she dumped me. I was all alone. I grieved for 8 years. And, then I heard about your parents and regretted ever thinking about Amaira. I couldn't call you. You hated me..." I vented, aimlessly before she stopped me. "Darshan, I never hated you. I was mad at you. I'm still mad at you. But, I don't hate you," she spoke, grabbing my hand, gently. Shocks ran up my arm. "When will you forgive me?" I whined. "Ugh. Don't whine. It's annoying," she said, gritting her teeth. "Sorry," I mumbled. She nodded and walked away, silently. 

What would I do to get her to forgive me?