Chapter 44 Windy Night

Start from the beginning

"Be nice. It's Wu after all," I state, glancing back over it the box he held. I was more than curious, I was intrigued to know what was in there. "Wu, what is in the box?"

"I'm glad you asked, Y/n. I have new things for you all," he sets the box down, opening it open.

"I hope it's our new suits!"

"Huh?" we all said in sync as we saw what was in the box. It looked like uniforms but for work.

"These don't look like our new suits. These resemble work attire," Zane points out.

"Very observant, Zane. You ninja will spread the word that Steep Wisdom is open wearing these. And no powers."

"What!?"

They all seemed pretty against not using their elemental powers. I wasn't against it. My power doesn't really, attract people to me or Steep Wisdom. I just have to act happy and get people here.

"But, Y/n doesn't have to do it. She was called down to help Skylor out with the restaurant," Misako interrupts.

"Lucky..." I hear Kai whisper under his breath. I could only smile.

Ever since the war against Chen, I've opened up more to Skylor. I apologize for being mean to her during the tournament, which she didn't blame me for since she was 'playing the bad guy'. I told her about me, and she told me about her when we worked on fixing the restaurant. It looks the same, but she changed somethings up to add her touch.

The phone began to ring, "maybe our first order?"

Misako answers the phone, it was a short conversation. "Well, what is it?" Nya asks.

"It's for Lloyd. They want him at the Museum."

'Just Lloyd? Like I know he's good in all, but couldn't they have asked for the entire team. After all, we are a team. Well, maybe it's a quick easy job.'

Wu sent Lloyd and me off, well he continued to talk to the ninja. I turned to Lloyd, "what are we going to do now?"

"I guess we can just go in our suits. I'll be quick, so I can stop by the restaurant and get you."

"Sounds like a good idea."

"Skylor, no. You have to wipe the dish off before you send it out," I take the dish from her hand, wiping the side that had just a little sauce.

"They won't be noticed. This is going to a regular," she states, taking the plate back from my hand and placing it onto the conveyor belt. I watch it zoom off to the regular's table.

"She might be feeling picky today," I suggest, cutting the salmon.

"Doubt it. She is the most chill person I've ever had. She orders her food and a beer if she is feeling spicy."

"Did you just say spicy?"

"I heard other people say it so, I did."

"And I live with a bunch of guys, and only Kai says spicy. Did he teach you when you two went out?"

"We didn't go out. We just got coffee, that's all. What about you? Isn't Lloyd suppose to pick you up?"

I turn my head towards the clock, about two hours have passed and Lloyd isn't here. The job didn't seem too hard from what I heard. Maybe he's still doing or he just forgot me...

"Maybe I should go. He could have gotten caught up," I say, trying to sound happy in my voice. Well, I felt worried and sad, thinking that Lloyd forgot me. Or if he just decided to not do this.