19. Mikael

*grammar errors not edited*

~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd POV:

"Portland is fantastic. Once you get over all the Whitney music and healthy looking people. It's literally a breeding ground for werewolves."

"Your father is dead." Stefan replies bluntly. Completely ignoring the hybrid's words. Sitting in the study, he waits for a response from the original vampire who is in shock.

"What did you say to me?" Klaus asks.

"Oh, my mistake. Not your actual father, and not dead. Mikael. Daggered." Stefan says turning to look at the vampire hunter who lay on the floor. His body a gray color with a dagger protruding from his chest. "What do you want me to do with the body?"

"Well, first, I want you to explain to me exactly what happened."

~~~~~~
One hour earlier:

"All right, we'll say that Mikael posed as the cable guy since he needs to be invited in." Stefan says walking Elena, Aria and Damon through the plan.

"Which he actually did, I don't understand why you didn't just tell me?" Aria says annoyed.

"Because you wouldn't have invited him in." Damon shrugs.

"And for good reason. We can't trust him!" Aria argues.

"Ok, focus! Mikael tries to grab Elena so he could use her as bait." Stefan continues.

"And you what? Vervained him?" Elena asks.

"No, we vervained him. The guy's an original. Make it realistic." Damon scolds.

"Ok, fine. We vervained him. And in the process discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah. But instead—

"We drove it through his heart." Stefan sums up.

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body." Elena asks.

"Good point. You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So if the idea is to lure him back here and kill him, the last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue tied." Damon points out.

"Well, don't look at me. I'm just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan shrugs.

"Klaus is smart. If we tell him that Mikael's dead, he'll want proof." Elena says.

"Then I shall be dead."

Aria's body tenses up as the vampire hunter walks in, dagger in hand. She takes a few steps back, not wanting to be anywhere near him. God was on her side today, her phone beginning to ring. Perfect timing. She quickly exits the house and heads onto the back deck.

"Hello?"

"Hello pumpkin, it's good to hear your voice."

"Klaus"

"You don't sound too excited to hear from me love."

Yea, I have your dad in my home scheming with my sister and friends to kill you and I'm not allowed to tell you. Aria thinks to herself.

"That's because I'm not. Last time I saw you I almost died, not to mention you killed one of my child hood friends."

"Pumpkin, don't be dramatic you were perfectly fine until you put yourself in danger. Besides Tyler is still breathing."

"If you didn't try to kill everyone I love, then I wouldn't be anywhere near danger." Aria points out.

"I miss you and I'm sorry." His voice was soft and raspy. It sent chills down her body. No matter how angry she was with him the effect he had on her didn't change.