No one deserved to go through this.

Shawn tilted my chin up, and looked into my eyes. "Let's go watch a movie."

"Sure," I agreed, knowing we had to do something to get our mind off things.

~

Forget the movie.

"Okay, we need to stop."

"Why?" Shawn said, smirking, before coming back to my lips. He pushed me down onto the couch and I couldn't help but succumb to the intense tingling feeling I felt through my body. I kissed him back, running my hands through his hair again, and pulling him close. I pulled back, as I felt my lungs threatening to burst.

"Shawn, stop."

He pulled away, and got off me. "Fine."

Someone rang the doorbell, and I ran upstairs to fix my hair, while Shawn ran his hand through his hair, before going to open the door.

"Hey, Ash?"

I turned around, and saw Hayes standing outside my door. "Yeah?"

"Can you help me with my homework?"

"Why are you asking me?" I asked, nicely, because I was actually curious.

"Because everyone else in this house is stupid."

I laughed at that and nodded. "Of course, give me a sec."

"Also, what happened last night?"

I set down my brush, and turned around again, this time walking out of the bathroom. I looked at him sadly, wanting to tell him, but I knew it wasn't my place to tell people. "I'm sure Cam will tell you when the time is right."

"Is that why Cam is always acting weird lately?"

"What?" Why would he be acting weird if he only found yesterday?

"Does he like you?"

I stared at him. This kid had some major nerve to ask that many personal questions right after the other.

I sighed. "Look, do you need help on your homework or not?"

"Does he?"

"No! Why do you want to know this anyways? And why does everyone keep asking me that?" I snapped angrily. Shawn had asked me that, Nash had mentioned it, and now Hayes was going at it.

"I don't know," he said, shrugging. He looked away for a second, and I was about to ask him if he knew something I didn't, but then he spoke again.

"Okay, let's start with math."

We spent an hour doing his math, which was pretty straightforward. Someone walked into the room, and I looked up. It was Nash. He was holding his phone in his hand, and it looked like he just took a picture of Hayes and I.

"Aw, this is actually really cute," he said.

I looked at his phone, and sure enough, there was a picture of us leaning over his notebook, working on a problem. He posted it onto Twitter and Instagram, and I checked my phone. I looked at his post which was captioned "hard at work," and saw that it already had a couple thousand favorites and likes.

I didn't get to read a lot of the comments, but a lot of them seemed to be wondering who I was.

"Geez," I muttered. "How famous are you guys, honestly?"

Nash shrugged. "Honestly, I don't consider myself famous. I just consider myself a guy who likes to make others feel good about themselves."

I smiled. They were all so sweet.

"Anyways, I came to tell you that Cam's downstairs, and was wondering where you were," he said.

I nodded, and got up. I patted Hayes on the back, and he thanked me for helping him.

~

"She has to go through several weeks of chemotherapy, and there is a slight chance that the cancer will go away, but it isn't certain," Cam told me. He wasn't showing as much emotion, and I didn't blame him. He was probably trying to keep his emotions in check, as he needed to concentrate on his own life right now.

"Are you going to visit her?"

"Maybe next week, when I'm on break from set," he told me. I remembered that his mom and sister had moved to Chino Hills a couple years back, so it wasn't that far, thankfully.

I nodded. I was going to ask him if he wanted me to come with him, but I assumed that he probably wanted to do this by himself the first time.

~

We had just talked about his mom for about an hour, and various other things about what had happened to us in the past few years. Nothing really had happened to either of us, and so it was a pretty mellow conversation.

We got up to walk back outside to the dining table for dinner, when Cam grabbed my arm. He pulled me into a hug, and although I was surprised, I hugged him back.

He pulled back, and looked into my eyes. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you too, Cam." More than he would ever know.

And for all that time we talked, I had totally forgotten about Shawn, who was now watching us with a weird look.

Shit.

***A/N:

i feel like i'm sucking more and more each chapter.

but i won't give up i promise

love u alll

also omg why is cam so hot