Chapter 40

Kasey's POV

June 1, 2019

I stumbled into the kitchen to get coffee, realizing I was the last one awake.

"The slumber queen's awake," Dan called out and everyone in the living room started clapping.

"Morning," I grumbled in a hoarse voice.

"It's more afternoonish actually," Josh pointed out.

"12:36 to be exact." I'd been thoroughly enjoying sleeping in after quitting the company- professional ballet was great, but waking up at 6am most days was not.

"Let a girl sleep in," I protested.

"You're wasting half the day," Josh argued.

"I don't always sleep in this late," I shrugged. At the sound of my voice, Hammer got up from his spot on the couch to greet me.

"At least someone's happy to see me this morning," I joked as I gave him a quick belly rub. Josh and Dan laughed and I went to pour myself some coffee. I felt Ben wrap his arms around me from behind, and I smiled. He kissed my neck and was silent as I finished stirring in creamer. I turned my head to smile at him, and he kissed me.

"Morning," he murmured.

"Good morning," I replied, and we enjoyed our little embrace as I finished making my coffee. I wasn't a morning person, but every morning with Ben was always a little brighter. After a couple years of long distance I cherished every moment like now with him. I made my way to the living room and plopped down on the couch, and started to half-listen to the conversation as I got caffeine into my system. Ben sat back down right next to me, and he put an arm around me.

"What's on the agenda for today?" I asked.

"We're going out tonight. Kasey's back, and we're celebrating," Dan said, and Josh clapped.

"You know that's not really my thing," I raised my eyebrows. "Just go without me."

"Oh come on, hang out with us! The gang's all back, and I'm inviting a bunch of people. It'll be fun!

"Well..."

"Pleaseeee?"

"I guess," I gave in, and Dan and Josh both cheered.

"You know you don't have to go, right?" Ben looked at me, seemingly a little worried.

"Don't worry Ben, I'm okay with going. I promise," I assured him, and he nodded.

"Okay. If you change your mind, don't feel bad." I smiled at him and rested my head on his shoulder as I vaguely paid attention to whatever conversation was happening.

"I gotta go to my apartment later. I wanna wear that silver dress I have." My living situation was kind of weird since I was now in New York for good. I always stayed at Ben's when I visited, but we didn't want to officially move in together and there wasn't enough space for a formal fourth roommate. So I had an apartment with Casey and our friend Haley where I mainly lived and I guess I partially lived with Ben. I stayed over whenever, and I was planning on staying mostly with him while we filmed this summer. We all ate lunch and spent the afternoon together, and I later left to go back to my apartment.

-

I finished putting on lipstick, and examined myself in the mirror. Ben walked towards me and looked in the mirror, his hands shoved in his pockets.

"Well?"

"We look hot," Ben said and I laughed.

"I guess we're ready to go then," I shrugged, and Ben kissed my cheek as I grabbed my purse and headed to the living room. We waited for Dan and Josh, and then we were on our way to wherever they were taking me. We met up with Casey who was also coming. I listened to the conversation and laughed at whatever stupid jokes they were telling. I was just glad to be back home with my favorite people in the universe. We got to the club, and I was immediately overwhelmed by the loud music. There were also so many people, some dancing and clearly drunk, while others were eating. I held Ben's hand as we made our way in.