Chapter Sixteen: A Shift in The Night

Mulai dari awal

"I mean- d-did- I mean you and Adrien. Did you love him? I know how hard it can be for someone not to love you back no matter how bad you want them to..."He trailed off. Thinking about his died down love for Ladybug.

Marinette began to twiddle with her fingers.  She was obviously embarrassed. Chat waited in anticipation for her answer before she slowly nodded.

"I did."

In the moment Chat felt a swell of pride that his Princess was in love with him but another part of him felt horrible for breaking this girl's heart.

"I don't love him anymore though..."

"Oh?"

"Yeah... realised it was a lost cause.  I'll talk to him soon... just not right now..."

"Lost cause?"

"Well yea I mean- for one he's only gonna see me as a friend.  He would never want to be more than that... secondly... we're just to-too- different..?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well I mean I'm just a clumsy nobody.  Who would want-"

"Marinette." He cut her off.  He sounded angry.

"Never talk about yourself like that. Ever. Especially not to me.  Your kind, compassionate, you always find hope in the darkest of situations, and you always look out for the people you love and- you're just- He's an idiot for not noticing that about you and falling in love with you for that. I don't know how you do it, Marinette Dupain-Cheng. You and the world can see yourself as something else but to me Marinette, you are not a clumsy nobody. You are everything."

Marinette felt her cheeks flame up from his confession.  She suddenly got a spark of courage, before speaking up again.

"B-besides I kinda like someone else right now..." she said, meeting Chat's forest green eyes.

Chat felt his cheeks flame up before smiling too.

"I kinda like someone else too..." he said trailing off.

He stared at the girl in front of him for a moment...

Marinette never really wore that much makeup.  At the most just a little bit of lip gloss and mascara, but right now... He wasn't complaining.  Her eyelashes were much natural and longer. He could see her adorable freckles much better.  Her lips were much more plump and weren't as glossy. Chat Noir looked at this girl.  His electrifying green eyes meeting her soft bluebell ones.  Marinette had always been beautiful but- wow. 

"Chat..." she paused. Not knowing what to say.

All of a sudden everything looked different... now that she was with this boy...

"Mari..." he paused.  Not knowing what to say. 

All of a sudden everything looked different...now that he was with this girl...

Marinette and Chat Noir felt dazed.  Like this whole time they were living in a fantasy... It felt like some sort of fire had just sparked between them.

Both of their faces radiated in the moonlight as they shared a comfortable silence with each other.  The world felt like it had shifted completely.  Like nothing mattered.  It felt like just the two of them. And only them.

He smiled looking up at the moon.  The moon they danced upon in New York.  Marinette followed his gaze and got lost in the beautiful full moon.   They didn't even realise that they were holding hands.

Their hands met on the railing and closed in on each other like missing puzzle pieces.  Before Marinette knew she felt herself lean on her feline companion as they continued to gaze at the stars.

Chat looked down to see her snuggled in him and snaked his arm around her waist bringing her closer.  This position lasted for quite some time.  Both kids were smiling to themselves in the magic of the moment. 

It was a moment that they wanted to last forever.  Nothing could break it.  It was like their personal bubble that nothing could come between and pop.  Until...

Cat felt his ring beep.

Both suddenly felt self conscious and broke apart from their hold.  Both blushing furiously.  Marinette opened and closed her mouth not knowing what to say.

He smiled down at her, and admired the girl's beauty.

To Marinette's surprise she caught him staring at her.  His gorgeous green eyes surveying her.  She should've been uncomfortable but she felt completely safe with this boy. She saw him distracted and decided to get him back for his comment.

"It's rude to stare, you know." She teased.

Chat's face went red and he almost fell off the balcony from embarrassment. 

Marinette burst into a fit of giggles from his dorkiness.  "Oh, What am I going to do with you, Chaton?"

Chat blushed a deeper red at the nickname.

He soon recovered and leaned into her face.  Almost reaching her lips.  "I can think of a few things."

Marinette rolled her eyes due to the sexual comment and used her pointer finger to gently push on his nose; moving him away from her.

Chat smiled.  He knew at that moment... Plagg was wrong.  He didn't have a troubled heart.  He knew exactly who his heart belonged to... or who he wanted it to anyways.

How could he have been so blind? This girl... he wanted to be with this girl.

He wanted to be with her always and forever.

He gently cupped her face and leaned in...

Before kissing her on the forehead like he did when they were in school.  A blush spread across her face and a warm fuzzy feeling came from Marinette's heart. 

His ring beeped again.

"Goodnight Princess."

"Goodnight Chat Noir."

(A/N: This was so cute it actually hurt me. This is what happens when you have too much time and your single AF-)

-End of Chapter 16-