Chapter Nine: Puffy Clouds and Confessions

(⚠️Language Warning⚠️)

"Always and Forever." And just like that Adrien Agreste was gone. It was his twisted fate indeed. It's sad to think that just when everything became perfect again, it changed within thirty seven seconds.

——————————————————————————————

While Luka and Marinette were at the park, I bet you all are wondering what happened with Adrien and Kagami...😏

Adrien's POV

As we walked into school, Kagami marveled at the building in front of her. She came here for fencing after school, but actually going here was... something special. I understood completely. The feeling, the rush, the wonder of coming in and making your first friends. He smiled at the thoughts.

(A/N: Yea no... E-Learning sucks.)

Friends. My history with friends was... Complicated. When I was little I was, I don't wanna say forced to play with Chloe, but eventually it turned into a solid friendship. She was my first friend. With Nino, well Nino was amazing, he was kind, showed me the ropes and took me in. We are now best friends and he's one of the closest people that I can talk to about a lot, just like Marinette.

Marinette. Marinette on the other hand, well Marinette was the first friend I had made on my own. No one helped me, she actually... repulsed me I think. Then when we became friends, as if it were magic she wore a gorgeous smile every time I talked to her and always had the cutest word jumbles whenever she talked.

The day we became friends was in the rain. I had been scared of the rain since I was three. My mother used to comfort me and tell me to make something into a joke, so you weren't so scared anymore and you could laugh.

(A/N: Fun fact: This part is actually true. Adrien said so on his Instagram.)

She used to say to me, "Life is too short and too precious for fear to get in the way of your choices. Life it's a gift really... cherish it." She was so for it that she made us walk in the rain with an umbrella if you can believe it. Just so I could get over my fear. It felt so good for the soft droplets to hit my face in a cool refreshing pattern. I don't know why I had been so cowardly before...

When I handed her, Marinette, the umbrella. Her eyes lit up. There was just something there. I smiled. It was funny that all I had to do was think of her and I could just- Shit.

Marinette's stuttering, her, her everything it was- she was just...

Maybe she was in love with me... and maybe I was in love with her-

"Adrien." Kagami said, looking at me concerned.

"Are you okay? Your blanking it out?"

"Y-Yeah... yeah just c-concerned for Marinette."

She nodded in agreement. "But she's with Luka now. She was devastated when he left. I'm glad he's back... even though he's probably gonna leave tomorrow to continue the tour in America..."

She said trailing off. Still holding her hand, we took a turn down the hallway and entered physics class.

Something in me had changed. Not only was I questioning my whole relationship with one of my best friends in front of my girlfriend, but seeing her. Lila.

Lila. Lila scared Marinette into Luka's arms.

Lila hurt Marinette, and in some way she hurt me.

I was pissed. Mostly from Lila but from everything. It all bubbled over. My father's coldness, my restricted freedom, Ladybug's fight with me two week after New York, and now this-

(A/N: GET THE POPCORN BUDDY BOIIS WHO READY TO SEE ADRIEN POP OFF ON LILA.)

"Lila what the hell!"

The class froze. Kagami's hand tightened around his.

"Adrien," she urged, "I really don't want you and I to get in trouble from a petty dispute."

Adrien let go of Kagami's hand and yelled, "It's not petty!"

Nobody's POV

(⚠️Language Warning⚠️)

Everyone was taken back by Adrien's rage...

"What do you mean Adrien I was just trying to help?" Lila said "innocently."

⚠️"No. You've been making Marinette's life a living hell on purpose! Trying to get all her friends to turn on her! Getting her expelled! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU! I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT WHATEVER LIE YOUR ABOUT TO PULL- I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ANYMORE ABOUT ANY OF THIS. OR ABOUT WHATEVER EXCUSE YOU'RE GONNA USE TO COVER THIS UP. I DON'T EVEN CARE WHY YOUR LYING ANYMORE!" ⚠️He felt Plagg shifting in his bag, trying to calm him down but he continued.

⚠️"You know... I've been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. I've warned you thousands upon thousands of times for you to stop but you don't listen do you?! When you hurt someone I LOVE that's when we have a problem. So this is where I get mad. It's enough already. And don't even get me started on how awful you treat Ladybug! I'm done with you. I'm done helping you. I'm done being your friend. Do me a favor though. Leave the people I love the fuck alone."⚠️

Everyone's jaw dropped.

Lila looked at him in disbelief but he just gave her a cold look in return.

"You love her?" Kagami said, looking at him.

"What?"

"You just said you loved Marinette."

"What. No-no. Not like that-"

Ms. Mandeliov walked in cutting him off, "I heard yelling is everything okay in here!?" She looked at Adrien.  "Ah. Adrien good you're here. Principle Damocles wants you to show the new kid around." She looked at the room around her. Her students looked like a bomb just hit. She rolled her eyes.

"You teenagers and your melodramatics." She continued on.

"Nice to meet you Ms. Tsurugi please, sit next to Lila, Adrien in your usual seat."

Both obeyed without another word. Adrien, turned to see the azul sky and the drifting white puffy clouds exploding all over it.

"Shit. What did I just do."

-End of Chapter 9-