Chapter Ten: Goodbye for Good

It's funny to think that five months ago Adrien was running after Marinette in the broken streets of Paris, and now Marinette was doing the same thing. She was screaming to the top of her lungs hysterically. Where was he!? She couldn't let him give up his life for her. She needed to save him at all costs. Marinette's tears were falling faster and faster down her cheeks as choked sobs escaped her lips. "Adrien!" She screamed. Gasping for air, as she ran as fast as her legs could carry her. "Please... don't leave me." The difference between Marinette and Adrien, is Adrien would get there in time to say goodbye. Marinette didn't get that chance.

————————————————————————

Nobody's POV

Marinette managed to get on her balcony without her parents knowing, because she transformed as Ladybug behind an alley and went up to her room.

(A/N: slick Mari😂😭)

They had gotten sick of the park. Luka didn't want to cause a commotion by coming home with Marinette in the middle of a school day... and neither did she. Marinette convinced Luka that she had a way up to her room and all he would have to do was knock on the front and ask to wait upstairs for Marinette as a surprise.

Marinette let down her transformation and was about to use the trapdoor to go down but she froze. For some reason the sky captivated her. The azul sky and the drifting white puffy clouds exploding all over it.... The clouds looked like they were morphing together. Most likely it would rain today.

(A/N: I think we all know what happens when it rains in this show... )

Luka, realizing that she was up on her roof, started climbing the stairs to join her. He paused to see the Adrien posters replaced by a string of polaroid pictures of her friends. Including a picture of the two of them listening to music together.

Smiling, he opened the trap door, and leaned against the balcony with her. She sighed.

Trying to lighten the mood he said, "Wow, you really are a real magician! How did you get up here without your pare- "

"How long are you gonna be here? I mean... I know that the tour is six months and you're halfway done."

He sighed, "Till Tomorrow night. I was planning on spending time with Juleka tomorrow." She smiled.

"And then- I... I'm going with Jagged to America to work on a new album."

"Oh my god! That's amazing!" She said. She was upset that he'd be leaving so soon but this was- to record an album with a world renown artist?! It was life changing for him.

He was frowning a bit.

"How long will you be in America?"

"I don't know... at the least probably like two years."

She froze.

(A/N: I honestly don't know what's happening. Sorry I'm watching Cobra Kai and the plot of this chapter is getting messed up along the way. Miguel and Sensai Lawrence are kind of the best-😀🔫)

Her last day with Luka in person... was today? She knew they weren't a couple or anything, but they had definitely had something. Even if things did work out between her and Luka. AND if they did eventually become a couple, two years in America?! There was FaceTime of course, but everyone knows that's just not the same. There was also a huge time difference from Paris to America. He would be visiting Paris frequently because of his family though, but she knew they wouldn't last. They would grow apart. People fall out of love for much less, even if they're not thousands of miles away. She clutched the railing.

"Marinette, I could barely take three months without you. The only reason why I was near your school to save you from that car... was debating on going in and surprising you on your lunch break. I would've done the same with Juleka, but she said she was going on a date with Rose." He said solemnly. She began to squeeze the railing harder and harder.

The clouds started to drift closer and closer together. The white fluffy clouds colliding into a gloomy gray sky.

"You were the one that wanted me to follow my dream. Recording music in America is my dream. And if I'm gonna do it I wanna do it right-"

"So you came to burn your bridges." Marinette cut him off.

"I came to say goodbye." He corrected her.

"For good?" She questioned harshly. Fear forming in the pit of her stomach as her knuckles turned white from holding onto the railing for that long.

"Probably." He whispered. "I mean at the least I'll be there for what... one to two years? You'll be designing clothes in college by then." Her breath hitched. This was the end of them for good.

She stared at him incredulously. He told her that he'd be there for her, forever. She felt angry at him and herself for being so naive and trusting him.

"Goodbye then." She said coldly, turning away.

"Marinette wait." He said desperately, grabbing onto her hand.

Marinette was taken back by his desperation and forwardness, and so was Luka.

"Luka please let go of my hand."

He let go immediately. It wasn't like him to touch her without her consent. It wasn't even like him to sit next to her without her permission. It may seem like not that big of a deal to hold someone's hand, but to Luka, making sure Marinette was comfortable was one of his top priorities when it came to her.

"Sorry... I shouldn't have done that. It's just... do you really want to end things like this?"

"I don't know."

"Well I know. And I don't want to end things like this. I love you and if I'm gonna say goodbye to you-."

'I love you.' Those words bounced through Marinette's mind for a second before she recovered and did something unexpected.

She stopped him as she stood on her tippy toes and pressed her lips against his. All of his muffled words were drowning in her mouth. He slowly let himself relax as he wrapped his arms around her waist. The kiss was full of pain but it gave her butterflies in her stomach. They had both been craving for the feeling for each other for three months. Seconds upon seconds past and they finally broke away. Both panting heavily and still holding onto each other, she placed her hands on his chest and looked up at him.

"Was that a good enough goodbye for you?" He nodded, still out of breath. That was one hell of a goodbye.😏🎀 Once he finally caught his breath, he stared down at her.

"Goodbye, Mama- Marinette... again."

"Goodbye, Luka Coffaine... again."

He left her on that balcony. She felt tears trickle on her face once more as she watched him leave the bakery. Walking farther and farther away till he was a dot. Tikki sighed and snuggled into Marinette's chest. "That was intense but we'll get through it Marinette."

She was brought back to earth when she heard explosions from coming down the street.

An akuma.

-End of Chapter 10-