Chapter Forty-Eight: Back on The Walls Once Again

⚠️Language Warning⚠️

Little did both of us know that Gabriel and Nathalie were listening from the other side of the door frame. So much for the advantage of Gabriel not knowing that my memories were coming back...

Gabriel's POV

"Her memories have been coming back this whole time!" I hissed running my hands through my hair.

Emilie. She seemed so close for a minute.

All I wanted was my perfect family. That's all I ever wanted. To be a family again, but this was all my fault to begin with.

Emilie was always stubborn. I never should have let any of this happen in the first place, and now it all fell on me. Nathalie gave me an empathetic look as she patted my back. I sighed clenching and unclenching my fist several times before I heard Marinette leave with Adrien.

I shivered. Marinette was no longer my ally from the sudden rush in memories coming back. She was my enemy.

And she would be the thing keeping me from saving my soon to dead son. She was the reason that Adrien would kill himself in three days.

Marinette's POV

Adrien's or I guess my bodyguard held the door open for me as I entered the slick black limo. Adrien lingering closely behind with an evident blush on his face.

I guess I flirted with him a little too much back there... Because now he was stumbling and stuttering and trying to recover from what had happened in the dining hall.

I blushed at his actions as he tripped to hold open the car door for me. I smirked at the thought: who's the stuttering clutz now?!

When Chat Noir and I first started dating a couple months back after Chloe's party, he would always tease me for stuttering in front of him. And now look at him, tripping and mumbling incoherent words like a middle aged drunk man.

Through the laughs I smiled contently and sighed as he sat down next to me. He was just as perfect as I remembered him.

I know what I said in the letter but I didn't want him to change in all honesty, I was glad he chose to help me get my memories back and stay. I should've known that he wouldn't give up on me that easily.

A new wave of pink blush settled back on my freckled cheeks as Adrien put on his seatbelt and I followed. We were on our way back to the Gabriel Agreste Building of Design. Our place of work, and our alone time to get back into sync with each other.

I would be lying if I didn't say the car ride wasn't awkward. We both kept opening and closing our mouths to say something but ended up giving each other nothing.

Finally Adrien spoke up. Reaching for my hand I felt an electric jolt and jumped. Looking back into his kind emerald green eyes. God I loved his eyes. Although his hair and eyes looked drained from color from the akuma. I sighed, shifting my body towards him, yet still being choked by my seatbelt. He shifted towards me and grunted in discomfort from his seatbelt too.

"So..."

"So..." I copied him not knowing what else to say. I mean he found out that I had gotten my memories back less than an hour ago-

"Thanks for taking care of me last night." I teased. I saw his cheeks go redder than my Ladybug suit.

"Uh-sure anything for you Princess-" Now I felt myself blush from the familiar nickname.

I yawned a little bit, rubbing my eyes. I didn't get that much sleep last night-since all of my memories had returned to me. It was like a pounding headache. I believe I compared it to a knife in my skull, a couple of chapters back. That night I barely slept and I felt a bit of pain because I knew I kept Adrien up with me.

I told him to stay the night with me to relax but instead he spent the whole time taking care of me. Every known memory caused a pain of shock, so much so that he had to sneak downstairs to get me water or just wrap me snuggly in his arms.

I blushed even harder if that was possible at the thought.

So much was going through my mind. My parents... Tikki... My friends... Gabriel's motivation and manipulation to make me turn on Chat Noir... the fact that I had found out Adrien's true identity all over again... and last but not least why was he still akumatized-

There had to be more he wasn't telling me... before I could speak, the car came to a halt. Both of us leaned forward, from the force, restrained by our seatbelts as we shared a slight discomfort before, Adrien grabbed my hand and pulled me gently out of the car.

How could his touch be so commanding and soft at the same time? I blushed realizing he was holding my hand. Why was this so weird for me? We were boyfriend and girlfriend before weren't we? We even had a date tonight.

Oh my god. WE HAD A DATE TONIGHT! I felt a mix of nausea, excitement, and fuzziness all wrapped into one as we entered the elevator doors.

Adrien saw the smile on my face causing him to let out a heavenly laugh. I blushed quietly.

"What are you smiling about?" He teased.

"N-nothing..."

Shit. His eyes lit up. Of course he was on to me. He knew that I only stuttered for him and him only. Mostly because I got nervous when I found him cute or endearing.

His ego just got boosted to a hundred right back again. His Chat Noir was definitely gonna come and bite me back now.

"It wouldn't have to do with our date tonight." He trailed off slyly as he took a step closer to me, "Would it?"

A playful irresistibly sly smirk laid on his face.  Gently, he brought his hands up and cupped my cheeks.  I felt myself go into auto pilot at that moment-

And my auto pilot- as you all know... isn't that good.

"What- Yeah kinda- WHAT NO- NO, I mean- SURE YEAH I AM- I mean Is it weird that I really wanna kiss you right now?! HAHAHAH!" I laughed awkwardly as I felt myself trip on my feet.

"That doesn't sound weird to me at all." Adrien sneered getting closer and closer to me as I backed myself into an elevator wall.

I felt myself pant, trying to catch my breath.

Why is it that we always ended back up against a wall panting? 

I wanted to kiss him a lot.  I had been craving this kiss even when my memories had faded.  I had always wanted him.  Right as Adrien lifted my chin about to bring me into a kiss, the elevator door opened. We both knew that this was our stop but we didn't care. 

 We were so close now.  We were too close now.

I felt Adrien lean down as his lips were inched towards mine painfully slow before-

"Marinette?"

That voice. 

That voice.

 I gave a soft gasp. Why did that voice sound so familiar? 

I felt Adrien's muscles tighten as his eyes shot back up.

"Fuck." Adrien muttered as he protectively wrapped an arm around me and hugged me tightly against his body.  I couldn't help but blush at our body's contact but tried to shove it off.

'Stop being a perv Marinette!'

 Getting on my tippy toes I peered over Adrien's back, still pinned against the elevator door, curious to see where that familiar voice had come from.

My breath and Adrien's were still heavy from almost kissing. I still felt the butterflies floating in my stomach as I scanned the elevator entrance outwards. That's when the butterflies burned and my heart dropped to my stomach.

There he was. He brushed his blue bangs out of his eyes. As tall, lanky, and slightly muscular as ever.

Luka.

-End of Chapter 48-