Chapter Fifteen: Hypothetical Questions

The two girls were so busy talking that they didn't notice that someone whispered in the shadows, "Plagg claws out!"

——————

All of a sudden both girls stopped talking as a toned-yet slim black leather silhouette came towards them.

"Can I PAW-lease borrow my Prince- uhh Marinette for a minute. Official superhero stuff y'know. " he said punching Alya lightly on the shoulder.

"What! No!" Marinette protested.

But Alya cut her off and gave Marinette a look that said 'tell me everything that happens at lunch'.

"No Alya DON'T leave me with-" She was met with the feeling that someone was hugging her from behind. Chat's hands were pressed firmly against her waist as he rested his chin on her shoulder. His breath tickled her neck and she felt herself turn pink.

Alya smirked and left the two of them alone in the hallway.

———————-

Nobody's POV

"You've CAT to be KITTEN me right MEOW!" Chat said slyly, his body pressed against her chest as he hugged her from behind.

"Chat!" She scolded him and slapped his hands away.

She turned around to face him, her arms crossed.

"So when were you going to tell me that you kissed me! You- you pervert!" She said while punching him in the arm.

"MEOW-ch Princess! You wound me!" He said, pretending to be hurt and putting his hand over his chest.

Marinette raised her eyebrows at him. Her arms still crossed. Questions spinning through her head.

She began to let her inquiries spill out: "Why didn't you tell me you kissed me!? Why did you kiss me in the first place? Couldn't you have waited to wake me up once the miraculous ladybugs fixed everything? "

Marinette COULDN'T just go and reveal her identity she had to phrase her words very carefully and very cautiously. Was it possible that he woke her up because he knew she was Ladybug?

He dropped his joking facade and looked at her trying to remember all of her questions.

"Woah slow down Princess! Umm... let's see... I-"

She had brought Chat Noir, her chatty talkative partner, to a loss of words.

Marinette looked at him expecting answers, but she knew she put too much on him. She sighed. He was too oblivious to know that she was Ladybug anyways- He probably just kissed her because he was a flirt...

"What? Am I leaving you speechless?" She flirted trying to brighten Chat's mood.

It worked. Chat's discomfort washed away. He gave a small smile. He never felt alone with this girl. He had always felt free and the will to be himself around her without any expectations. Marinette noticed his weariness and lightened the mood. She was just... amazing...

"Thanks Princess, but you deserve an answer. I kissed you because I didn't want to see you in pain or suffering any longer. In Lila's nightmares-"

Marinette felt- His kindness. His personality. His generosity. His everything. She had to know.

Marinette cut him off and stuttered out, "Alya said... well I mean... said she... SHE SAID* uh..."

Chat smiled, "Well you're strange CATtitude change obviously had something to do with your CATty conversation with your best FURend Alya."

Marinette rolled her eyes at the pun and began to fiddle her fingers.

"Well I um..."

She took a deep breath.

"Marinette," he said, his kind eyes staring into hers.

"You can say what you mean in front of me."

She nodded. Why did that sound so familiar? C'mon, Marinette, say what you mean, Marinette. She thought.

"Hypothetically would you still kiss me- or-would you want to kiss me or be more than friends with me?"

Chat felts his face go red and Marinette's followed.

"NO! NO! NOT LIKE THAT-What I mean is Nino said that it looked like y-you wanted to kiss me. That's all! HAHAHAHAHA! FUNNY RIGHT?!" She forced out a laugh.

A smirk pulled on Chat's face. "You know it's hard to answer hypothetical questions, Princess. If you wanna know if I would have to be more than friends with you- you'll have to ask me."

Marinette'a face turned even redder, if that was possible. She wasn't sure if it was due to the anger or embarrassment she was feeling right now.

"I mean... I'm completely over Ladybug now... and after your confession ALMOST two years ago about being in love with me~" (referring to Weredad) 

"Fine, I'm asking you then... " she trailed off not wanting to ask it again.

He smiled and kissed her in the forehead.

She gasped as she felt his lips pressed on her skin. It felt comforting and full of something so much more....

"I think you already know the answer to that Princess."

And with that he jumped above the school and left the girl blushing deeper than her alter ego's suit.

-End of Chapter 15-