The Light Behind Your Eyes

Start from the beginning

"It's true. Uncle Nico's okay." Piper said

"He'll be able to hold me again?" Skylar asked

"Of course." Jason said drying his tears "Maybe not yet. He is really weak and he needs to take some time. He's going to be tired and sore."

I nodded as I saw Hazel clutch her stomach crying as Frank whispered in her ears. I gave her a small smile and she nodded and dried her tears.

I'm surprised she could keep herself under that kind of control with all the hormones running through her body. She was having two babies and Nico was excited all the babies would be close in age.

"Uncle Nico is really strong. I'm sad that he's in so much pain." I said

"Uncle Nico is in pain?" Skylar asked her eyes wide "Can we take it away? Like you heal the pain when I fall and get hurt?"

"Uncle Nico was in pain, but he was strong and now the pain is better." I said trying to keep her calm "His pain was more than yours. He's okay. Just going to be really sore."

"So uncle Nico is better?" Skylar asked

"Mostly." I said

"My brother is really strong and I know that he will survive." Hazel said "He can't leave me alone. He owes me."

We all stopped talking and went into our own worlds. Logan and Skylar were playing. I paced a little, waiting for a doctor and I was starting to freak everyone out.

They kept looking up as I moved back and forth in the room. I wonder how many calories I had burned. After turning for the hundredth time, Percy grabbed me.

"You're freaking me out. Sit down." Percy said

"Sorry. Just nervous. It's been an hour." I said

"He's my little bro and I worry about him." Percy said "calm yourself and sit."

"I will. It's just, I love him so much, I don't think I can do this alone." I said "I'm a dad now and it scares me."

"I know it's scary, but you just have to be calm and hope for the best. If not we steal his soul back and run." Percy said

"No you won't. I know you can smile. I've seen you smile at everyone. This is hardly the time to stop. Don't worry." Sally said as she led me to a chair

I decided to play some music as I waited. Hopefully some songs would get my mind off of the pain. Some easy listening music. Something that would calm me. I put in my earbuds and leaned my head back into the seat.

A voice recording had popped up from Nico on my phone screen, so I clicked on it. It was a voice recording of him. That was such a Nico thing to do. He must have put it on my phone when he asked to use it today.

"Sunshine, I don't know what to say. I'm sorry. No matter how hard it is, I don't want you to be alone. Let yourself love, because I don't want you to be lonely. I love you. I'm waiting. No matter how much you want to hurt the world and get angry at the gods, you are meant to bring light. Live with your entire body." Nico said "You have three angels that need their daddy. They need you to be happy. Don't let them forget me. I know you will be the best father. They will grow up to be amazing. I love you and our little angels. Live long, but not lonely."

I hadn't realized I was crying until I could feel a tear slip down my face. It stung my eyes as more and more of them fell.

Everyone was so in their own world that they hadn't noticed yet. I could feel that lump in my throat as I tried not to gather attention.