The Babies Hurt Me! Blame Them!

Nico's POV:

>28 weeks pregnant<

"Darlin' what's wrong?" Will asked dropping his backpack onto the floor running over to me

"I don't know. I'm not in labor I think, but I feel so much pain in my back and stomach." I said "Maybe one of them is in pain. I don't know. I feel this kicking in my ribs and back. I can feel one of them squirming around. It hurts so much."

"It's okay. I'll take you to the hospital." Will said

"But you just came from there. I'll be fine. I don't want you to have to drive back up." I said straightening up before hunching over again clutching my stomach

"Baby, your health and their's matter so much more than what I want to do." Will said

"I'll be fine, don't worry." I said giving Will a smile

"I'm getting you to the hospital." Will said taking my hand and helping me

I gripped onto my stomach as Will gently rubbed my back. I couldn't hold myself up anymore and I sank to the floor. Will sank with me checking me over. I cradled my bump trying not to cry.

"You're okay. Just give me a few minutes. I'm going to take you to the hospital. Don't worry." Will said picking me up

Honestly, I'm surprised he can still do that. I am so much bigger now. Will grabbed a blanket and put it over me. I was crying as he got me into the car. He made sure I was comfortable. I told him I was, but I can't be comfortable except on my little fort.

We drove carefully, but also in a hurry. I was crying and Will was trying to help. He kept glancing over at me. I had made it to the hospital, but I was in so much pain.

I looked over at Will and he was talking to me. It was muffled and I couldn't exactly understand what he was saying. Almost like I was underwater. I slumped to the side closing my eyes.

Will's POV:

Nico slumped over onto the door and closed his eyes. I rushed over to his door and quickly got him out of the car. I kissed his head and held him close as I rushed in.

I quickly put him on a bed and pushed his hair out of his face. Meadow rushed over and helped me push him into a room. Two doctors came in and one started to check Nico. He was breathing fine, but had fallen unconscious.

"Do you know exactly what happened?" A nurse asked

I remember him. Malachi came in checking over Nico. I remember him from being a med student with him. He was funny and nice then, but now he was mostly alone and didn't say much to me. The nurses name was...Alejandro!

We saw Malachi all the time. Nico would have ultrasounds. He's nice and Nico likes his way of doing things. He likes that Malachi says what he's doing and shows Nico the screen so he can see the babies.

"Yeah. I came home and he was clutching his stomach with tears in his eyes. I got him into the car and when we got her he fainted and now he is unconscious. He talked about stomach pain. He's 28 weeks pregnant with triplets." I said

"Okay. I want an ultrasound and I need the room cleared. Anything that doesn't belong should be removed." The OBGYN said

Everyone moved as the OBGYN sat at Nico's side pulling his shirt up so he could see his stomach. He got a wand and the gel. I was right at Nico's side holding his hand and kissing it.

"He's doing well. From what I can see one of the babies. Your little...boy is flipping as he stretches out to move downwards. He is putting pressure on his stomach and that is putting pressure on his back and spine." The OBGYN said

"Thanks. I wish I could tell that." I said

I actually could, but if I tried I could hurt all of them. I kissed Nico's cheek rubbing the bottom of his stomach. His face was scrunched a little in pain.

"We want to move the baby. Push the baby over and just watch over him for a minute or two." The OBGYN whispered to me

"If it takes the pain away, please do it." I said looking at Nico

"This may hurt him and I want you to keep him calm. The nurses will hold him down." The OBGYN calmly said

The nurse both took his arms and held them firmly. Nico had his eyebrows scrunched together. I kissed his cheek before the OBGYN started to move our baby boy.

Nico's eyes shot open and he cried out trying to move against the nurses. They had strapped down his legs. Nico had tears running down his face as he fought against the nurses.

"Neeks, it's okay. They are just moving one of the babies. Our little boy. Don't cry. I know it hurts, but you will feel so much better after this." I said cupping his face

Nico stopped fighting them and relaxed. The OBGYN had just moved the baby and now the baby was flipping on his own. Nico let a smile appear on his features as the pain went away.

"See, your okay. You were so brave. I love you." I said kissing his lips roughly

"We're going to give him some medication to help with the pain. He should be getting Braxton Hicks contractions soon. If you want to start labor, you can induce labor by sex, exercise, nipple stimulation, castor oil, red raspberry leaf tea, dates, and bouncing on a yoga ball. Usually, we would do a c-section at 33 weeks. Since we can't, that would be a good option." The OBGYN said to both of us

"I won't help him induce labor. He can wait until the babies are ready to come out." I said

Nico looked as if he wanted to protest, but he just nodded not arguing. That was smart. It's not that I want to keep him pregnant forever, but I just dont want the babies to get sick or die so young. It would break his heart and I can't stand to see him in so much pain after all of that. I don't think he would be able to stand it.

I helped Nico off the bed and he was still in his regular clothes. He didn't have any time to take of his shoes. They were busy trying to help him and make sure he wasn't in labor. He walked out with my hand in his not saying anything. When I kissed his hand he said nothing. He wouldn't even look at me.

"Neeks, just trust me. Please don't be mad." I said putting my hands on his bump "I just worry."

"I understand. We'll be fine. Don't worry." Nico said "We are okay."

"You sure you're okay?" I asked as I eyed his swelled stomach

"I'm going to pop." Nico said "These babies don't want to meet us yet and I really want to meet them. I can't wait until they are out."

"You are doing so well. I wish I could take away all your pain and deliver for you. I can't stand seeing you in pain." I said "Besides, your 28 weeks. Only a little bit more time."

Nico's POV:

I kissed Will and he put his hands on my stomach trying to calm down the babies that had decided that my stomach was a bounce house.