Babies and Morning Sickness

☀ ☾ ☀ ☾ ☀ ☾ ☀ ☾ ☀ ☾ ☀ ☾

Everyone started to come in when I was washing my hands. I stood next to Will when he came over to me. Piper sat in the chair. She offered it to me, but I declined because my stomach still hurt.

I feel that I'll be sick at any second. My insides are churning and Will is unaware like usual. He's only see my morning sickness a few times and it's bad usually. He hasn't seen it full force.

I had made Percy and Annabeth promise not to say anything to Will. I didn't want him to worry especially when this moment is about Annabeth, Percy, and their new baby.

"What are you going to name him?" Piper asked.

"We decided to name him Charlie Ethan Jackson after Beckendorf and Ethan," Annabeth said.

My stomach started to hurt really bad, so I turned to look at Will. He smiled at me and I gave him a small smile. I grabbed his hand, squeezing it.

"What's wrong?" Will asked, worried.

"It's nothing," I said, giving him a winning smile.

Maybe I shouldn't go through with this. Will's already worried about me. I don't want him to worry more about my health. He has been worried ever since the three days in the infirmary all those years ago.

Will told me to tell him if I felt sick and he would try to help. I know he can help me right now if I ask. If anything, he could hold me while I got sick and comfort me. I know by the end of this, I will need Will.

"Will?" I whispered.

"Yes, my angel?" He replied.

"I don't feel good" I said, "I'm going to throw up again."

Will looked at me. I don't understand why they call it morning sickness when I have this all day long. Every mother always says: It is only morning sickness, it'll go away. Then, they proceed to talk about their pregnancies which have nothing to do with mine.

"Annabeth, can Nico use the bathroom? He doesn't feel good," Will said.

"Of course." She replied "Of course! I know how that feels," Annabeth said.

Part of me wanted to tell her that she had no idea what I was going through, but I stopped myself. Will helped me into the bathroom and I sat in the chair in there. I have no idea why there was a chair, but there was.

I groaned feeling the sick feeling in the back of my throat. My throat burned, but I couldn't seem to throw anything up. Will rubbed my back and stomach trying to soothe my stomach and our baby. I hate that I'm so sick.

"What have you eaten today?" Will asked.

"Half a pancake and two tortillas. Tortillas are the only things that don't make me violently sick. Tortillas are the safe option," I said.

"Okay, maybe you need to eat something more. We can go back out until the urge becomes strong. That way maybe you can eat something and feel less nauseous," Will said.

"The urge is strong now," I whined.

"So are we staying in here or joining everyone else?" Will asked.

"Okay. Let's go back out," I said.

We went back into the room and Piper gave up her seat for me so I was more comfortable. I don't think I'll ever be comfortable again. My stomach feels like a hot iron is pressed to it and the air felt like Tartarus air. It made me want to cry, but I held it in.

"Nico, the reason we had you in the delivery room was because we want to make you godfather of Charlie," Percy and Annabeth said in unison.

Everyone smiled and congratulated me. Why out of everyone, would they pick me? I can barely keep myself alive. Besides, being godfather means Will and I will get their kids if something were to happen to them.