46 Why me?

I packed my suitcase. I was excited. A whole week together. What would we get up to. Last time Jammie was with us.
Zoe walked out the bathroom. In a robe.
"Hey I've been thinking about what you said in the car." I zipped my bag.
He sat on the bed.
"Yeah..."
"I have a question. Why me? Out of all the women on the world you asked me out."
"Why not you." I heard him shuffle around me.
I placed my suitcase on the floor.
"Okay but your a ten and...I'm not." He placed his hands on my shoulders.
"I think your pretty."He placed one hand on my cheek.
"See here's the thing. Stacy. I'm the only one that gets to decide who I like. I like you."
"Yeah but y-"
He lifted my head. I looked right into his eyes.
"I don't think you understand how beautiful you are to me. How hard it is for me to keep my hands to myself. Your smile. Your presence." He leaned in  and wrapped his arms around me. He leaned.
"The amount of times I've had to stop myself. Even when we are sitting together I still want to touch you in some way. Your hand, your arms. Face. Lips."
"I did not know that"
"Of course you didn't."
"Sorry." I whispered.
"I guess it's my fault for not showing you."
Show me now!
"You..you can show me."
"I'd like to take my time but we have a flight in a few hours." He kissed my cheek.
"Your beautiful to me." He walked away from me and I was left frozen on the spot.

I felt the bed dip as Zoe woke up. I opend one eye and watched him walking out our bedroom. I slowly sat up. He wakes up all the time.
Why does it feel different.
I got off the bed. I walked out. The apartment was huge. I followed the sound of the music. I stood at the corner and watched him pull out a record out of his rather impressive collection. He sat in one of the chairs.
"Are you okay?" I said. He turned his head.
"I'm fine. Go back to sleep."
"Are you going to join me anytime soon?" His smile slowly faded.
"No..I'm awake now." I sat near his legs.
His not okay.
"Talk to me it seems like something is bothering you."
"Nothing is both-."
"Your frowning." He leaned back.
"I don't even know where to start." He looked at me
"You tell me something then I'll tell you something." His eyes narrowed alittle. Before he looked at the record player.
"It's not that easy. Opening up to someone."
"Okay then I'll go first...um. I don't know what to do with my life. I've never had to think this far ahead..your turn.." His thumb kept squeezing his pinky finger.
"My grandfather gave me his million dollar company and I hardly knew him." He looked at me.
"Wow...aren't you like..already rich..damn." He chuckled.
"In middle school I got lost in the woods for a few hours." I should call my mother later.
"At what age exactly?"
"12."
"Oh. I wasn't very popular in middle school...I was left alone. Because i was pretty forgettable back then."
"What about your first kiss."
"Librarian. It's fucked up but she was much older then me. She was my first everything. She was one of the first people that showed any interest in me so I jumped."
"I was 10. Some random boy came up to me and kissed me at the park." Zoe slowly slid off the chair and sat infront of me.
"I know this is supposed to make me open up but..." I placed my hand on his shoulder.
"Im your girlfriend. There is FRIEND there. I can just be a friend for now." He layed down and placed his head on my lap.
"Okay."
"You don't have to tell me everything. Just enough."
"If we are about to have a deep conversation then I might as well."
I nodded my head.
"Okay. Once my parents died...I was moved from home to home. Until my uncle threw me in a boarding school." He looked at me. I brushed his hair.
"I felt so..alone and unwanted. That was until my uncle. My father's older brother found out and took me in. I lived with him in LA while I was going to a music school but by then I was already pretty fucked up."
"Where did you go on Christmas holidays?" He looked away.
"Lailas I'd spend time with her and her brother...we were young and stupid so we did things." I placed my hand on his head.
"We have each other now. We will be fine." He gave me a small smile.
"That's a deal."