"He's doing great. I wish I can tell him to ease up on the everyday practices but he's so adamant about being the next big football star, I can't bear to voice it out," Millicent said with the voice of an ultimately proud mother.

"It will be so great to have a town hero from our family again. My Dave was the last sports hero for the Iverson family for soccer. Derek is well on his way to uphold that position," Edith gushed.

"That will be splendid. Since Jayden Hector and the five who followed him to stardom with football scholarships. Though they weren't from the original families of Spencer, their good standing among their peers and wholesome family upbringing helped immortalize their position as town heroes." This was said by Marian Parks, a blueblood of Spencer whose family earned their riches from being plantation owners to investors.

"I won't say the Hectors had a wholesome upbringing. What parent in their right mind will allow their two sons to be involved with one woman? They are even married. Though I won't call what they have a marriage. One woman can't marry two men. Her parents strut around this town like royalty. They should be ashamed of themselves," Edith retorted. 

Katie and Bryan didn't react. The woman's holier than though attitude was common to them. The twins and Marielle faced bigger hurdles than a woman like Edith Iverson.

"Interesting," Karen mused.

"Why is that interesting to you? You've heard my stance on the matter. God forbid if another polyamorous relationship stems from Spencer. They should keep such things behind closed doors," the Iverson matriarch said with her face becoming red by the moment.

"What was your take on homosexuality again? My mind is quite blank on that one, plus my grandkids have opened my mind somewhat to it." This was said by Enna Vance, a matriarch of one of the original families who preferred the background when dealing with events. She too saw the video, when she saw it on her feed. Her grandson the wildest one out of the five shared it to his page. Watching it made her... uncomfortable but it was hard to tear your eyes away from it.

"Mother. You will raise your blood pressure on such nonsense. Mrs. Vance if you wish to sully your grandkids with their continuous notion of such life, that is your own shortcomings. We have nothing to say about immoral acts. We've raised our kids the right way and that's that," Millicent voiced aloud. 

The ladies all sat back and waited for Karen to pounce on the ladies. They walked right into that social death trap. 

"Now. Now ladies, enough of that. We're happy that your Derek found such a sweet girl as Selby. How are they? Are we hearing wedding bells after high school? A good pick for the next Iverson lady."

"She's a good prospect. Hopefully, she can handle Derek's career and keep a home as good as us but he loves her as far as we can tell," Millicent replied with a smile.

"Oh thank heavens. I overheard Richie telling one of his friends over the phone that Derek doesn't 'swing that way'. You know these slangs are hard to keep track of." Karen was really playing the role of clueless grandmother really well. 

"I swear young people these days are creating. I think Richie was talking to my Kace, he did say a phrase like him being 'on the bus', I don't get it," Enna commented. 

"So they were debating whether or not he was gay?" Marian mused innocently.

"WHAT!" The unified shrieks of disbelief came from both mother and daughter. Behind them, Katie choked on her juice while Bryan did a comical spit take. The restaurant patrons who heard the women's shout all turned to the table curious as to what is going to happen next.