I had said from the moment I first saw her she was going to be my future wife, and now I was a step closer to making that happen.

As soon as I got in my car, I picked up my phone. I would need a girl's help picking out the ring, and I knew who to call.

September 3rd, 2007
11:56 AM

"What about this one?" I asked Lyn as we sat in my living room with my family jeweler, Jeffery. I had gotten close with Lyn since we had met at Coachella. I didn't see her too often because I was busy, but we talked a lot. She was attending the Otis College of Art and Design to get her bachelor's in Fashion Design, so I figured she was the perfect person to help me pick out a ring for Jade.

Jade was in class until three, which gave me plenty of time to pick out a ring and get Jeffery and Lyn out before she got back.

Or not, with the way Lyn was acting.

"No," Lyn frowned up. Jeffery looked offended. Lyn looked at Jeffery. "It's not that your jewelry isn't beautiful, it is. But," She looked back at me. "None of these are a perfect fit. They're not saying 'I want to spend the rest of my life with you'."

"I thought jewelry was just jewelry," I mumbled.

"And this is why you needed me," Lyn joked. She wasn't wrong. She sat back in her seat, thinking. "None of this is standing out. I thought the teardrop ring would be cute, but no. Ummmm..." She dramatically jumped up, making me furrow my eyebrows. "Start a tradition!!" She said excitedly. What the hell did she mean by that? "Ask your mom for her engagement ring!! That would be so sentimental, and it's a tradition you can pass on when you have kids."

What did I say? The perfect person.

2:32 PM

"You want to what?" Mama asked in disbelief as we sat in her office.

"I want to propose to Jade with the engagement ring pops gave you," I repeated and mama stared at me for a moment before bursting into tears. My eyes widened as I watched my mother start sobbing. "Uhhhhh, mama?"

"My baby is growing up, oh my god," She cried, and I chuckled as I grabbed some tissues out of the kleenex box on her desk and handed it to her. "Are you seriously laughing?!"

"Yes because you're so dramatic," I started cracking up. "Like where did the tears come from?"

"Since you wanna laugh at me, you're not getting the ring." I stopped laughing. Mama wiped her face off then looked at me. "Ain't so funny now huh?"

"No," I mumbled, sitting back in the chair. Mama stood up and walked over to me, leaning down and hugging me.

"I can't believe my baby boy wants to get married," Her voice wavered. I chuckled in my head as I hugged her back. She let me go, wiping her face and walking back to her seat. "The ring is at Neverland, I'll get it when I go back this weekend." I smiled.

"Thank you, mama." She nodded with a small smile as she sat down. She was acting really erratic. "Are you okay? Are you pregnant?" She looked at me and shook her head.

"Nope," She said with a shrug, and that said everything right there.

"Good, because you'll probably have a grandchild soon enough," I joked, trying to make her feel better and she laughed.

"Yeah, I bet I will, Michael Jr." I smirked. "Now tell me how you plan on proposing."

September 17th, 2008
4:49 PM