Track 01: She Looks So Perfect

"What are you doing?" I asked with a curious tone and laugh as I try my best to see whatever was being written to my bare chest. "Is that a sharpie?"

"Ashton stay still." She pleaded with a chuckle, with her soft cold fingers touching my chest. I can't quite figure out what she's trying to write, or maybe draw something, on my chest with a use of a sharpie.

"There." My girlfriend pulled away and smiled, her eyes still focused on whatever was made on my skin. Since my eyes couldn't process whatever was on my chest, I took my phone from my bedside table and opened the front cam, and smiled at the fake arrowed heart tattoo she drew on it.

"Our hearts are located under our left chest part." I giggled, like I always do. It's beginning to actually seem like a mannerism now, but I don't care. She loves it when I do that. "You placed your name on the heart tattoo on the top of it."

She nudged me lightly while rolling her eyes, then moved over to my arms and rested her head in there. "Whatever, Einstein."

"But I like it." I stated, as a matter of fact. I always like the things she does.

Her head turned up to look over me, with her smile that never fails to make me fall every single time I set my eyes on it. "I know you would."

She moved a little bit to focus her eyes on the fake tattoo she drew on my chest, and without any warning, I was taken aback on how her warm red-stained lips touched my skin. She stayed there kissing it for what felt like a decade, and the feeling seem to always be such a new thing to my system. I still get the same chills down my spine every time I can feel her close to me, and I think that nothing could ever take that feeling away from my head. Not even the people who doesn't want us together.

She moved back to my arms and immediately wrapped me with her warm body. Silence then started engulfing around us, but it wasn't like the awkward kind of silent. We've been together for a time that my fingers could not count anymore, and I always enjoy whatever kind of presence she would have in front of me.

Nikki's family does not have any kind of interest towards me. I can't say that I don't know why, because I basically know every single detail about it, even if she denies that it's the exact reason why they don't want us to be together. I'm just that drummer who lives in a small apartment, like I've always been. I only get money off from gigs that my band goes to, but it's not enough to provide myself enough money to live and survive so I searched for a job that could help me out as well. I work as a crew in a fast food restaurant, and that's just it. I know that some people will always look down on me, basically because they think it's just only what I can be proud of. That I'm just a drummer, and a stupid boy who serves burgers and fries in a fast food restaurant. But little did they know, I have always been proud of myself. I'm proud because I'm alive. I'm proud because I can feed myself and survive on my own. I'm proud because I've got the best of friends that anyone could ever ask for. And of course, I am way beyond proud because I am in love with Nikki, and even though we've been through a lot of hell and shit already, she didn't let all those things to stop herself from loving me. She made me realize that even though this is only what I've got, I am still worth loving. And hell, I am proud of that.

It's half past midnight, and we're both still on our clothes we had on that day. We're currently in my apartment, where I supposed to be except for Nikki. No one among her family knows she's here, or maybe they do, but they couldn't just do anything about it. She sneaks out almost every night, and stay the night with me here and go back home every morning. Tonight, she seemed so off and in a hurry, but I didn't want to ask unless she opens about it herself. Nikki looks a lot like upset or something, but I don't have any idea why. I am guessing it's about her family again, about how they hate me for being "just me", but come on. I mean, that's not really surprising anymore. It's like a daily report to my ears now. I'm used to it.