Chapter 25: "Can't Go Back"

Beginne am Anfang

She walked away and towards the door, leaving me and the others by ourselves now. "Thinking, huh?" said Helpy to me as he walked past me. "About things, yes," I responded. "You don't talk much do you?" he noted as he turned towards Freddy. "Ain't that like how Foxy used to be?" "If Charlie wishes to keep to herself, then let her be," Freddy said in response. "Guess you're already contradicting yourself from earlier," responded Helpy. "Both are different people, especially Charlie. She's gone through a lot through her life, some that is partly responsible for the way she is now. You can't change her for all the hell she's been through," said Mangle.

I was glad Mangle had spoken out for the way I am, but hearing Helpy's words made me wish I wasn't the way I certainty was. That wasn't going to change either. 

"You gonna talk to your father before we all go to bed?" asked Freddy. My mind already raced to the feeling of talking to him, but knowing it had to happened tonight. I couldn't push it back or delay it. "Yes. I will," I responded. "By the way, we'll set up a place for you to sleep at. I'll grab a pillow and sheets from the closet for you and you can decide where to sleep at," mentioned Freddy. The words he said pained me inside as I had to respond to her offer, something I know would had to be mentioned sooner or later.

"I can't sleep."

Freddy, Helpy, and Mangle looked at from the words I had said, though I could tell they already had an idea of what I was referring to. 

"Because I have soul that's bound to a body I have no need to eat, drink, or sleep. Though that means I can't sleep in general and my mind doesn't shut off... " I explained. 

"Makes sense... Michael has the same issues as well. Though his mind can shut off, almost acting like sleep for him," responded Freddy. "Still need to get a bed set up for you regardless." I was taken back by his response, even though I had just told him of my problems. "I just mentioned my problems to you though," I said. "Not fully an excuse to not have your own bed. You may not be able to sleep anymore but I'm making sure you feel close to be treating as if you were still alive, no matter what," he answered. 

I couldn't believe his response; he completely heard my explanation and still cared on treating me like a normal person. If I could cry I would right now to show my gratitude, for someone that is worth giving kindness back. The people I've been around my life has always been the innocent, those with anger, and just normal kids and adults I couldn't understand back then. Michael, while being different in certain ways, was someone who had changed for the better though our pasts interfered with forming a proper friendship. People like Helpy or Bon Bon didn't seem like I would connect well with, especially since one of them had issues even I would struggle to help out in. Bonnie and Mangle both were striving for different goals and methods of going at it than what I would do, but I admired what they were able to accomplish myself. Foxy was one person I felt I would connect with but didn't have enough confidence of, the same with Freddy.

Now I was certain Freddy was someone I would trust. To me he was perfect example of the best person who could exist. He is someone who was an inspiration to others when all he see's is doing what no one has the courage to do, someone who deeply cares about the others he's around and seeks to treat those the same as everyone else. As well as being someone who has faults that is willing to accept those that can't be changed and those that can be turned into strengths. 

"Thank you," I said being the only way of gratitude I could use as a response.

"Just doing what I can," responded Freddy turning to look at me.