Chapter 17

Welcome to Chapter 17, thank you for reading this far - here is the next chapter, enjoy!!

Thomas POV

"You wanted to see me, now you've seen me. What do you want?" I ask wanting to get this over and done with as I couldn't look at her without thinking what she caused.

"Do you still think about her?" Ava asks catching me off guard but I knew straight away who she was talking about, Teresa.

"Everyday!" I answer quickly not wanting to give her any more information then what was needed.

"I can help you with that, those memories, so you don't have to feel the pain anymore." Ava continues.

"I want to remember. What's so funny?" I ask sharply noticing my answer made her laugh.

"I asked Teresa the same question not so long ago and she answered me the exact same way you just have. You really were connected in more ways then anyone ever knew." She explained making a small smile appear on my face.

"You still haven't answered me, what do  you want? I don't think you requested to see me just to speak about how much I am missing Teresa." I state again getting annoyed she hadn't answered my question.

"You are aware of the charges been brought against me and I am willing to make a deal but only with you or should I say both of you." Ava states and I look quickly to the door and back again.

"How?" I ask wanting to work out how much she knew about us.

"You forget we have studied your brain for years, we were there at your birth, Thomas." Ava advises and I can feel the anger slowly growing inside of me.

"So back to this deal of mine, we both know that the flare virus is still out there killing people. We are both also aware that the only known cure is running through your very veins as we speak but you need my help in creating the serum that is combined with your special blood to be able to save lives." Ava explains before looking at me as though she knows I am in a no win situation.

I opened the pouch I had been holding and couldn't help to feel somewhat pleased that I was about wipe that smug look off her face.

"Now you say we need your help to create the cure from my blood but there is something that you are not aware of. After you were shot, Janson knocked me out and I woke up strapped to a bed where Teresa removed my blood and combined it with the other part of the cure. She made a single vial of the cure which Janson tried to use on himself before me and Teresa stopped him for good." I start explaining and producing the vial I was referencing too and playing with it my hand just out of her view.

"You see that one vial created is all that is needed for us to find out what makes up the rest of the cure and then we will be able to mass produce it for everyone affected and eventually maybe even make a vaccine. The world is not as you described it to us, it is filled with so much life and mystery that for me is all brand new." I state keeping the vial our of her view.

"But you do not have it, do you? It was probably destroyed when the building collapsed or lost during your escape. So see you do still need me!" Ava states and I can't wait to give her the final blow.

"Oh sorry I forgot to explain one detail, before I was saved off the roof Teresa  returned what belonged to me." I state proudly holding the vial up for her to see it and I notice her eyes widen with realisation that she no longer has anything to make a deal with.

"What about your other issue? Don't you want to understand more about what has happened to you? How to fix it?" She asks her voice shaking as she knew this was her last chance to make a deal.

"I will admit there are some reasons why we should think about accepting your help as there are still many unanswered questions about us. However, I can show you five reasons why we are never going to accept your help under any circumstances." I state while placing Chuck's statue, Newt's necklace, Alby's dagger and Winston's bullet on the table in front of her.

"These items in front of you belonged to my friends, my family that because of you and your trials are dead! Shot to death saving my life, stabbed himself after we fought to save me from him, saving a life and shooting himself to save us all. You will never understand what you put us through for years for the sake of a cure that never has and never will belong to you." I snarl at her all the anger finally coming out of me.

"You said there were five reasons that you both would never accept my help, there are only four items on the table. What's the fifth reason?" Ava states which causes my blood to boil at how calm she was acting.

"THE FIFTH REASON YOU SHANK, IS THAT YOU DIDN'T STEAL JUST TERESA AWAY FROM ME BUT YOU STOLE STILES AWAY FROM HIS FRIENDS AND FAMILY. YOU ARE THE REASON THAT I AM EVEN ALIVE AND I WILL ALWAYS HATE YOU FOR THAT!!" I shout at her before grabbing the stuff of the table ready to leave as the door comes bursting open.

Thank you for reading - new chapter will be up soon!!