Chapter 21

Welcome to Chapter 21 - sorry again for the extended period of time it is taking to reupload my stories - I am editing and tweaking as I go, thank you for you patience - here is the next chapter, enjoy!!!

As we arrived at the Safe Haven, I notice that Stiles seems more relaxed the he had earlier. As we exited the jeep I noticed he grabbed his bag and seemed to be looking for somewhere to change out of his suit.

"Over in the corner is a changing hut if you want to get changed before you have a tour around. Do you want me to wait for you?" I advised pointing over to where it was located.

"I'm fine, you can carry on. I will catch you up, I need some time alone." Stiles advised while heading towards the changing hut.

I decided to head over to the main staging area to see if I can help them finish setting up for later. When I arrived I noticed Minho, Gally, Vince, Brenda, Jorge and Frypan busy at work and look up as I reach them expecting to see Stiles with me.

"He needed to get change and asked me to carry on. Is there anything I can do to help?" I explain as I reach them sensing the unasked question.

"Yeah, you can either help Minho grab some more wood for the bonfire or you can help Gally finish building the seating areas." Vince advises pointing between the two.

I chose to help Gally as I hoped to get to know him better and I had a feeling Stiles may enjoy helping Minho.

Stiles POV

After I changed out of my suit and into my combat trousers and blue jumper, I was starting to feel more like myself again. After I dropped my bag back in my Jeep, I took in my surroundings noticing Vince's cargo ship docked just off shore and saw a path leading to where I could hear laughter and talking coming from.

I headed in the direction of the laughing knowing this would be where everyone was gathered. As I was walking I noticed all the different areas which reminded me so much of the Glade.

I could see Vince picking the fresh vegetables from the field, Gally and Scotty working on a seating area and Jorge and Brenda sitting on some logs seeming to be preparing the sticks ready to toast food on the bonfire.

I also noticed Minho arriving with a handful of logs and sticks that he had been carrying out of the near by forest dropping them on the ground next to Jorge and Brenda.

"Thomas!" Minho shouted as he noticed me and ran to give me a hug which caused everyone else to stop what they were doing and gather around for a group hug with me squashed in the middle.

"Welcome to the Safe Haven Greenie, It's about time you made it." Minho stated as they all broke away from me.

"Thanks Minho, how can I help?" I ask wanting to be useful

"Fancy coming for a run, we need a few more logs and sticks for later?" Minho asks with a big grin on his face.

"Your on, shank" I answer giving his a shove while dropping my bag next to Brenda and running off in the direction of the forest.

------------------Time skip ----------------------

Once everyone had finally arrived, we lit the bonfire with loud cheers echoing around. Gally had brewed some of his special drink, which was funny to watch everyone drink it for the first time.

After about an hour, Vince stood up in front of everyone, the bonfire flourishing behind him.

"A lot has been sacrificed for us all to be here tonight, to make this place possible, friends, family and loved ones that are gone but will never be forgotten.This place is for all of us to start over, have a family and be safe but it's also a place to remember those who made this place possible, but this is for them." Vince started and motioned his hand towards the large stone statue behind the bonfire.

"So in your own time and in your own way come make your peace by carving there name here. We are all here tonight because of one very special man, he at some point has saved all of our lives at some point. He is our leader, friend, son and our brother and we are glad he has finally managed to make it. Welcome back home,Thomas!" Vince announces while raising his glass in my direction which is followed by everyone else as Scott stands up and takes Vince's place.

"Firstly I would like to officially welcome you all to Beacon Hills, we hope this place will be a safe home for you all to be free and a place to heal." Scott starts and I am so happy that everyone has been welcomed here.

"Now to celebrate the wonderful return of my brother and best friend, we have decided to have a bonfire karaoke. So we already chosen a few songs for certain people to perform, so to kick us off we have decided that the guest of honour should start us off." Scott announced as realization hit me that he was on about me.

"Oh no Scott, I am not singing." I state as he drags me to the front by the bonfire to where the song has been left.

I look at the song they have chosen and I can see why they chose this song for me, "Fine, one song but your singing next Scotty." I sigh as the song starts.

(A/N – SONG CHOSEN IS STAND by Lenny Kravitz)

Don't give up,
You're gonna see tomorrow
That you'll be on your feet again
Sometimes the world's gonna knock you over
But you will see who are your friends

Come on, stand, up again
Come on, stand,
Stand, you're gonna run again

Your faith and patience will be your soldiers
To guide you through your troubled times
Just put one foot in front of the other
The battles are inside your mind
You have the power to face your demons
No matter how big or what kind
And rid yourself of your fear and weakness
So you can start to live your life

Come on, stand, up again
Come on, stand,
Stand, you're gonna run again

Come on baby, stand, up again
Stand yeah, come on, stand
Come on you can make it
Stand, you're gonna run again

Pick up your will and put on your face
If you need to, just take my hand
It's time to demonstrate, don't hesitate
Just get up and say "Yes, I can"

Stand, up again
Come on, stand,
Stand, you're gonna run again

Stand,oh stand, up again
Stand up again, come on, stand,
Oh come on baby
Stand, you're gonna run again
Stand
Stand, you're gonna run again

Thank you for reading - new chapter will be up soon!!