thirty three: company vote

Start from the beginning

I anxiously checked my phone for the time. There were about 5 more minutes until the meeting and I still hadn't seen Jungkook. When my eyes lifted from my phone screen, they coincidentally locked with two very familiar pupils. I inhaled sharply as Jungkook walked towards me while not once breaking our eye contact.

Like always, it was no surprise that he was exuding confidence, authority and sex appeal with every step he took. Dressed in a black suit with no tie, he already looked like he was the president of the company. I felt myself get intimidated by him as he got closer to me. He was always intimidating but, when he's at work is when he looks the most intimidating. It's that untouchable sense of authority that floats along with him.

"You're here?" He questioned with a raised brow, coming to a stop in front of me.

"Disappointed?"

He shook his head with a smile. "How could I be?"

He took a moment to allow his eyes a tour of my appearance. My spine got a little straighter as his gaze traced my waist line and slid down to my legs. Making his way back up my body, his eyes grazed my breasts and collarbone, finally meeting my eyes again.

"Mm,"

The two of us were undoubtedly thinking back to the same things; the last few times we had seen each other. Like New Years for example... I cleared my throat to remove the thoughts quickly.

"I wonder if your daring little plan will work," Jungkook said lowly with a chilling smirk tugging at his lips.

I shifted my weight uncomfortably. "Only one way to find out." I said, gritting my teeth.

And to that, he nodded.

"Meet me after the vote is over. Let's go have coffee." he said casually with a wink as if he didn't mention my plan for his downfall a few moments ago.

"Mr. Jeon, it's starting soon. You need to get in there." his secretary cut in, speaking before I could reply to him.

"Alright," Jungkook released a breath. "Time to find out." he said to me before he walked to the meeting room and entered.

I plopped down on the leather seat with embarrassing blotches of red on my cheeks.

A few minutes had gone by and I decided to take a walk to the washroom since sitting there in pure anxiety wasn't doing me any justice. The main lobby wasn't all that crowded since everyone was in their respectful work spaces.

I wonder if they voted yet.

He'll be mad at me if he doesn't get voted right? Would that ruin our relationship..?

Wait, relationship?

Maybe it's a good thing for him to get voted. I mean, really how am I supposed to investigate better than the actual police on the case?

Walking down a narrow hallway near the washroom, I released a breath, closing my eyes as I stretched my arms in the air shortly. When I opened them again, my heart plummeted and my face turned pale.

"Nice to see you again," Yoongi cruelly smirked at me with an ominous look in his dark eyes.

It's him...

No, I thought i'd never meet gazes with the black haired man that was standing in front of me ever again. I hoped dearly that I wouldn't. He's the face I saw in nightmares and in the shadows of dark rooms. I wanted to run so badly.

He chuckled at my silence and took a few steps closer, gaze refusing to leave mine. Fear was quickly pooling in my chest as I stood there pathetically.