Chapter 30

Chapter 30

After coming home from the mall, I scurried off upstairs to put away all my new clothes. To say they hadn't filled me with excitement about when I could wear them and what outfits I could make out of them would be an extreme understatement.

I was putting the final item in my wardrobe when Mark had walked into my room, shutting the door behind him to give us some privacy. I eyed him warily as he sat down on my bed, his hands clasped together.

"What's up?" I asked. I still hadn't gotten over the fact that he had left me alone and naked in his bed. A bruise was prominent on my arse from falling after trying to climb out of his window.

"I don't know Layla. You just left without even leaving a note earlier." Mark said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You really wanna go there? How about the fact you just left me there, alone and cold and naked in your bed. No note, nothing." I grumbled, folding my arms over my chest.

"Jesus Layla, your dad called me. He didn't know where you were so he called me to come to the house. After that, we ended up talking about your situation. That's why I had to go, I thought I would have been back before you woke up."

"Yeah, sure." Turning around, I walked to my bathroom, ready to run myself a bath after all the stresses of the day. My first bath since coming home, how I've longed to have a Radox bubble bath.

"Babe, come on. Please. You don't know how hard I tried to not say 'oh yeah, by the way, Mr Greenman your daughter is asleep naked in my bed after I fucked her because you know, I'm in a relationship with her now'." He pressed.

"Then you know what, let's just stop fighting it. Let's tell them. What's the worse that could happen?" I ask.

Truth be told I didn't know if this would be right, if telling my family that I have been seeing Mark behind everyone's back would be such a good idea. For one, I broke the most important of not falling in love with my bodyguard, now look at us.

"I mean, it's just... Don't you ever get tired of hiding us? Wouldn't you rather not sneak around all the time and just be able to hold my hand whenever we're walking together?" I ask.

"As much as I'd love to babe, I'm scared. Your parents could fire me, even ruin the whole bodyguard career for me and I love being your bodyguard. They could send me away, they could break us up." He argued.

"If we allowed my parents to break us up, then maybe we weren't supposed to be together in the first place. What's the point of having a relationship if either one of us isn't willing to fight for it?" I asked, turning the taps on the bathtub and allowing the water to fill the tub.

"Layla, you know that's not it." He responded, stepping closer to me. I took a step back, hugging myself.

"It's fine. You don't want people to know. I guess... I'm okay with that. I'm going to take a bath, so can I be left alone now?"

Flinching, he moved away. He nodded and turned to leave. I decided to keep my mouth shut, clearly he would rather keep me like a dirty little secret rather than actually own up to my family. I understood where he came from but at the same time, I can't keep pretending that he's more than just a bodyguard and a friend to me.

Shaking my head, I tried to ignore the pain that was in my heart. Instead, I decided to do the one thing that was scaring me the most. With a deep breath, I grabbed the box out of the bag and turned it over a few times in my hands. Opening it up, I leafed through the instructions. Sounded simple enough to me.