Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Layla's POV

"I'm in love with you." Those five words just slipped out. They came out without warning. I could not even hold them back.

The silence that followed made every other noise amplify in my ears. My heart pounds dramatically in my chest, threatening to break my ribcage. I was positive he could hear it thrumming away. But that silence, that eerie silence, was deafening.

Seconds, minutes ticked by. Frantically, I searched his eyes for any form of response. Here I am, laying my feelings out on the line and he has the audacity to just stand there frozen. Panic bubbled inside me. He does not see me in that way. He does not like me back.

Slowly, as the realisation dawned on me and my stupidity only added to the mortification. I released his shirt from my forceful grip and stumbled backwards. My god, what was I thinking? I can't believe I just said that! I'm never listening to Serena or taking her advice ever again. I wish a hole would just appear beneath me and swallow me whole.

The next thing I knew, I could feel his warm hands encompassing my face as he stepped up to me. I slowly backed up into the door, my pressed firmly against the painted wood. My eyes fluttered shut as his face inched towards mine. Within seconds, I could feel his lips pressing on mine.

My god, those lips. Those soft, full lips. My heart exploded in my chest as I kissed him back. Butterflies danced gracefully in my stomach as I reeled with joy from his touch. My arms snakes around the back of his neck as I rose to my tiptoes. His hands sliding from my face, down my body before hooking underneath my legs and pulled me up.

My legs wrapped themselves comfortably around his torso, his lips never leaving my own as they moved together in perfect harmony. A low moan escaped my mouth when he deepened the kiss. My body felt charged against his. From my scalp to my toes, my body hummed with electricity.

I barely registered Serena calling out to say her and Noah were going out, even the slam of the front door was muffled to my ears. All I could focus on was his hard, muscled body, pressed against me while he had me pinned against the bedroom door.

I felt the door behind me disappear and was swiftly replaced by the soft bed I had been sleeping in lately. His hands roaming my body, before pulling my shirt up over my head. The cold breeze of the late afternoon air tickled my bare skin as I lay there, entirely at his mercy.

Slowly, he trailed his kisses down my body. Each kiss was driving me further and further into insanity. My thoughts, my feelings, every single thing was consumed by him. It was as though all this time I had been living in a cold, dark room my entire life and brought out into the warm, bright world.

I ignited every time his skin touched mine. In a frenzied rush, I pushed his suit jacket off his shoulders. Buttons flew across the room as I tore his shirt open to feel more of him. Brushing my hands over his torso, I felt every dip and curve of his muscles and it only increased my need for him.

But all too suddenly he pulled away. Panting, he pressed his forehead to mine. I watched our chests heave up and down as we pant. I wanted him, I needed him.

"We should stop," he murmured breathlessly. "We need to stop."

Shaking my head, I pulled him to me and kissed him. My body yearned for his, to feel every part of him. My need for him reached incomprehensible heights. I trailed my fingers down his back, every ridge hard and toned turned me on even more.

He grinded himself into me, his covered boner pressing hard against me. He was very clearly as turned on as I was. We found a rhythm together; my hips met his and it only increased my curiosity. Briefly, I wondered if it would be possible that he would fit as, judging from his very prominent boner pressing hard against my crotch, he was rather large in size.