Babies and Morning Sickness

Start from the beginning

"I may not have been able to protect Bianca, but you are a much stronger demigod than I'll ever be. You're stronger and can protect him," Percy said.

"I'll do my best. Percy?" I asked.

"Yes?" Percy said, looking up at me.

"You protected my sister as best as you could at the time. You're a hero. You saved countless lives, so don't beat yourself up about not saving one," I said.

Percy looked down at Charlie with love written all over his features. It is the same look I give Will; like he hung every star in the sky.

"We will protect him and our baby. He's going to live as happy a life as he can," Will said.

"I know. I love you too," I said, toying with the gold band on his ring finger.

We sat like that for a while before I started to get uncomfortable. I rubbed my stomach and I groaned under my breath.

Will's attention was on me. He turned and put his hand on my stomach to try and will away the pain. I blushed when he accidentally touched a more sensitive area. Will moved his hands around as they glowed.

He settled right over the part that hurt and I saw Hazel look over at me before turning away. I felt bad that I am complaining when she can't even have kids. I shouldn't be complaining.

"I'm sorry, Hazel." I said.

"You can tell them if you feel ready, my gem. They'll understand," Frank said.

"I'm not able to get pregnant. I've let Frank down in the one area that we both agreed on a long time ago," Hazel said.

"You could never let me down, my gem." Frank replied.

"Hazel, I want to help" Will said, "I can talk to the hospital and see what we can help with. I can talk to some of the doctors and specialists that owe me. I'll see what I can do."

He had stopped rubbing my stomach, which flipped unceremoniously. I realized it too late, so I jumped up and pushed Will to move him. I'm glad he has good balance or he would have fallen. I didn't even have time to say sorry as I ran into the bathroom before I started to throw up.

Will's POV:

I stopped rubbing Nico's stomach. Nico jumped up and pushed me to move me out of the way. If my balance wasn't that good, I would have fallen. I had been crouching in front of him and he had no way to tell me.

"You should go comfort him. He probably feels terrible," Hazel said.

"I feel terrible. It should have been me and I hate that he is going through this. I begged my father for a baby, and he helped Nico become pregnant. I always thought it would be me" I said.

I looked up and prayed to Artemis, Hades, and my father that Nico would be okay. Walking into the bathroom made me feel terrible. Nico moved forward throwing up our Christmas meal. I rubbed his back as he threw up again.

Nico clutched my hand throwing up again. He heaved a few times and my stomach constricted painfully. It sounded painful when he heaved. He took a shuddering breath leaning back on me. I grabbed some toilet paper, wiping his mouth. He looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"Don't cry baby," I said, cupping his face with my hands.

"My s-stomach feels b-better, but y-you w-won't want to d-deal w-with me f-f-for the n-next m-months. You w-will f-forget-t all about me," He said, crying.

"No, I won't. I love you too much to leave you. It would break my heart," I said.

To be honest, I can't wait until he is heavy with my little baby. I can't wait to rub his stomach and talk to our baby. I can't wait to see the baby moving and kicking. I want to make him comfortable.

We can do anything together that we put our minds to. I want to hold our baby right now because I can't wait. A golden toothbrush and some toothpaste floated above us. I wonder who that was from. Definitely my amazing father. (Note my sarcasm.)

I grabbed the toothbrush and toothpaste, giving it to Nico. He brushed his teeth giving me a kiss on my cheek. I toyed with his ring. It was something that calmed him down and he did it to calm others. I was able to calm him when he was worrying.

I made a reminder on my phone to pack a small bag for Nico to carry around. He should always carry a toothbrush and toothpaste, prenatal pills, tissues, and hand sanitizer.

Maybe I can also put healing ointments in that way we don't have to worry about anything. We walked back into the room, and Nico sat in the chair.

I put my hands under his shirt to rub his bare stomach. He told me a few days ago that the warmth helped ease his stomach. He relaxed in the chair letting my hands soothe him. Nico blushed when I kissed his stomach.

"I feel tired, Will. It's only 3:30 pm. I'm never tired this early," Nico said, yawning a little.

"It's common to feel tired in the beginning of pregnancy" Will said, "You'll probably feel tired throughout the pregnancy."

Nico fell asleep after a bit. He doesn't usually fall asleep so easily. He usually struggles quite a bit and won't sleep unless he feels safe enough to do so.

I stopped rubbing his stomach, gently picking him up. He melted onto me and I made sure to sit so he wouldn't be uncomfortable.

"Will?" Percy said.

"Yes?" I said, looking up.

"Take care of Nico. He has gone through so much and I-I don't know what we would do without him," Percy said.

I looked back down to his face. He was relaxed and I brought him closer to me. I gently stroked his back letting him sleep. I continued the conversation and joked with everyone. It's been a good day.