30 - Don't Forget Me

Start from the beginning

"Look Nikki!" He said tying his one shoe perfectly like how I showed him. I smiled wide. Then he did the other. "Tada!" He said and laughed.

"You did it all by yourself buddy!" I said and he came over to me. I got down and scooped him up. I was so proud of him. This took a little bit and he is 5 now but he finally got tying his shoes by himself down. I was happy.

"Thanks to you." He said kissing my cheek. I smiled wider. We walked into the hallway and Luke was standing there looking at both of us. He raised his eye brow because we were both smiling like a fool. "Look at my shoes daddy!" Bo said happy as hell.

"Yeah bud, their tied." Luke said smiling at him coming over and messing up his hair.

"He did it by himself too." I smiled. Luke looked at him happy and surprised.

'You did?" Bo nodded fast.

'Yes! Nikki taught me and I can do it now." He hugged me tight. Luke had a proud father smile on and then looked at me. He leaned in kissing Bo on the forehead and me on the lips quick.

"Good job Bo. You're getting closer to be a man. I'm proud of you buddy."

Luke got Tater and we all headed out in to separate vehicles. I got quiet thinking no one still remembered my birthday. At least my brother, Jacob or even Steven would text me. We got there a little after 5. We saw 5 vehicles there. Luke looked over and said Jason invited their parents. I just nodded.

We went into the house and were greeted by Jason. We said a few things and then the boys were taken out back with Luke's parents. I was going to follow them but Luke grabbed my arm. I looked at him and he shook his head no. I looked at Jason then he gave me an apologetic look and walked away.

"Come here." Luke said holding onto my hand as we walked into the living room. He turned and had his arms crossed. "What's wrong with you today?" He asked me. I was drawn back by this. What's wrong with me today? I haven't done anything to show anger or disappointment have I? I know I left him and his parents to talk but that was to hang out with the boys. I should be asking him the same thing. I frowned at him.

"Nothing is wrong with me today. I am fine. Why?" I asked him crossing my arms looking back at him the same way.
"You've been acting funny. Distant maybe. Are you mad? Are you upset?" He asked concerned. The hell?

"Aggravated now because you think I'm mad or upset. I am not being distant or I would not be here. What the hell is going on Luke?" I asked confused. I know he knew something was not wrong. He may know I am kinda pissed because no one acknowledged my birthday but it's whatever. I don't care that much about it anymore. I was sad earlier but now sort of pissed since it's been almost all day with not even a kiss for my birthday or even the words popping out of anyone's mouth. Not even the boys. He frowned.

"I can tell something is bothering you. Just talk to me. Everyone is outside having fun and I want you to as well. Jason's cooking on the grill and Jess already has pies made. So come here sit." I shook my head no.

"Jesus Luke. I'm fine. I wanted to go outside and have fun but you brought me in here. Can't I just go out there and have fun?" I asked with aggravation peeking through the tone of voice I had. He raised an eye brow.

"Why are you so aggravated with me? I didn't do anything right?" He said coming over and putting his hands on my shoulders. I huffed and looked at him.

"Can't we just go outside and have fun with everyone please?" I asked nicely.

"Tell me and we can." He said. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. "Nikki." He said sternly which made me look at him.  I groaned and shrugged his hands off of me.