14. This is forever

I would like to give a special shoutout to Potatolovrrrrr They have given me so much support!! Also go check their sorry out!! It's amazing. You won't regret it.
Now I hope you'll enjoy my story. Haha

———————————-
Two weeks have past and Meredith could finally get back to work. She couldn't be more excited. Her boredom at home almost ate her alive.

"Welcome back Dr Grey," the Chief past her in the car park.
"Good to be back Chief," she smiled at him and they walked towards to the entrance.
"How is the pain?" he asked.
"There's no pain just an ugly scar," she shaked her head as they walked through the door of the hospital. It felt so good to be back. The hospital was like her second home, which wasn't the happiest place for a home but she spent half of her life there.
"Well then see you around Dr Grey."
"Yeah, see you around Chief," they parted as the walked away in separate direction.

Meredith hasn't seen Derek a lot these past two weeks. He was always stuck at work and when he was able to go visit her it was already very late.

She went to the locker room to change into her scrubs. All her friends were already there fighting over something that happened yesterday which put a smile on her face. She missed this, them, everything that happens in the hospital. The gossip, the drama, the laughter and especially all the surgeries she gets to scrub in.
As she walked in she was immediately attacked by questions.
"Meredith settle this for us once and for all," Izzy came up to her.
"What is it," she was taken by surprise.
"Once the patient is out of the ambulance and I get on his case first, it's mine right?"
"What are you wondering here? That's one of the most obvious rules," Meredith was confused as on what they were fighting about.
"Yeah but if I find what the problem is, it's my patient from then on," Cristina cut in.
"Oh," Meredith answered realising what the problem is. "Well I think it's the attending choice, who to give the surgery to.
"See I told you," Cristina flung her hands in the air.
"It was still nasty from you. You knew it would've been my first surgery back since Denny," Izzy shook her head and tied her shoes.
"Hey it's not my fault that you don't want to be a shark," Cristina took out some snacks from the maze of a locker she has there. Nobody knows how she could find anything in there.
Meredith laughed to herself and opened her locker. Bailey came into the locker room to read out who's going to be on whose service today. "O'Malley your with Dr Sloan, Karev Dr Montgomery, Stevens Dr Robbins, Yang Dr Burke and Grey your with girl Dr Shepherd today" everyone was surprised. They didn't know Derek had a sister. Meredith was especially shocked Derek didn't tell her his sister is visiting.
"Uhm... girl Shepherd?" Meredith asked.
"Yes," Bailey answered, not even wanting to get into a long conversation and went out.

"Cristina," she whispered to her. "What am i supposed to do?" Cristina bent back a little almost falling as she turned around.
"Go to girl Shepherd?" she answered like it was the most obvious thing ever.
"Yeah but Derek never told me her sister is visiting."
"Oh your screwed," she laughed. Meredith cocked her head rolling her eyes. They both walked out and went to find their Attendings.
"Dr Shepherd?" the girl Shepherd turned around as she heard her name.
"Hi, Grey right?" she pointed at her asking.
"Yeah that's me," she gave an awkward smile.
"Well I'm Amelia Shepherd. I heard good things about you around this hospital. Hope the rumours around here a true," she smiled and walked off.
"Uhm, do you know where Derek Shepherd is?"  she followed her, asking.
"Oh I'm filling in for him, he took a few days off."
"Oh," she said to herself, stopping. Amelia realised she's not following her anymore, "Is there a problem?" Meredith looked up from her thoughts, "Oh no not at all," she lied. It's her first day back since her surgery. At least he could've told her he's taking a few days off. Why didn't he talk to her. Did she do something wrong, is that the reason he's ignoring her?