Chapter 20~Hotaru Ukiiyo

Not much to say so let's just jump right in!

(Same day as last chapter)

As you finish up the last few questions for the exams and decide to try to head out. You grab your backpack and head downstairs.

"Hey mom," you say as you see her making dinner.

"What!" she says sternly. Jeesh, someone's in a bad mood...

"Uh can I head out for a bit. There's this bookstore down the street and I've been meaning to buy some books for a long time now." She sighs.

"I don't know Y/N..."

"Pleaseeeeee, I've finished my exams and cleaned my room! I'm going to go crazy if I keep locked in here!" You say

"Only for an hour, then you come straight back home." She says in an aggressive tone.

"1 hour!" You say. That's so short, and the walk will probably take like 15 minutes...
She gives you a glare. You can tell she's a bit pissed with something. She did say she didn't sleep at all last night so maybe that's it.

"1 hour it is!" You say as she spooks you with that glare.

You start to walk to the store and so far it goes pretty well. You look up at the sky and sigh as random thoughts come to your head. I wonder what's for dinner. And why mom didn't sleep last night.

꧁➪➪➪꧂

After a while of walking you finally arrive at the little book shop.
You check your phone

4:18 p.m.

Okay, so that was about a 15 minute walk so I have about 30 minutes to look around. Good that gives me plenty enough time to-
As you're walking you were so focused that you accidentally bumped into something, or rather someone. You fall to the ground.
Huh! What the-?
You look up to see a girl dressed in what seems to be "fancy" clothes.

"O-oh! Um....sorry." She says softly as she gives her hand out. Hey, that voice sounds kind of familiar...You take her hand as she helps you get up.

"I should have been watching where I was goi-" You say, but then stop talking as you realize who it is. You point a finger to her as you're in shock.

"Y-you're that famous Vlogger on the internet!! Whose dad is the Vice President of Japan!!" You say with shock and excitement. She blushes, and looks down.

"O-oh, um yeah." She says a little low.

"Hotaru Ukiiyo, right? I've seen your videos! They give me so much inspiration!! I can't believe I'm actually meeting you!!-Oh crap, I gotta get an autograph." You say excitingly.

"I'm sorry, but I better be going..." she says quietly as she starts to walk away. This isn't what all I'd expect her to be like. She seems so quiet and...a little sad.

"W-wait! Um," you say as you grab her hand. She blushes with embarrassment. You blush too realizing what kind of an awkward situation you've put yourself in. You quickly let go and bow down.

"Ah! U-uh sorry!!" you say as she looks at you. You find yourself to be calmed down, you stare at the ground for a bit trying to find the right words.

'B-but it's just!-You always seem so happy, w-well online...A-and it sorta seems like, w-well your not..." You look up at her.

"Ah, crap! S-sorry I didn't mean to be judging you or whatever! I-its just-"

"No, it's ok," she says sadly, you look up to her. She has a slight smile on her face.

"I needed to hear that..."
No she totally hates me now!! And I didn't even get her autograph!!

"um.....w-what's your name..?
She asks shyly. You pause for a moment. She, she wants to know my name..?

...

"Oh! um it's Y-Y/N Takahashi." You say. She nods to herself and looks down.

"So....uh is something bothering you..?" You ask. She looks up at you shocked. You read her expression quickly, and regret your words.

"I-I mean it's totally fine if you don't wanna answer! Ah! It's probably too personal!" You say as you freak out a bit. She slightly smiles with a sad expression.

"No, not at all." She says. Her voice is smooth and calm just like the wind.

"It's just, I'm a bit confused...."

"Oh, why's that?" You say. She stares down and hesitates for a moment.

"W-why are you treating me...well like an ordinary person...you actually have the guts to talk to me..." she asks quietly. You put both arms behind your head.

"Well you are just a person after all. A really famous one of course!
Like super famous," you say the last part under your breath.

"But still just a person. And doesn't everyone deserve to be treated equally?"

As you answer her question she stares in front of her shocked. You look at her.

"Well that's what I've always thought!" You say with a smile. She starts to giggle.

"What?" You ask cluelessly.

"Well, it's just," she slightly smiles.

"You're the first person who's ever treated me like a normal person." She sighs.

"Usually everyone sees me as unapproachable and hard to talk too just because of my dad, which is why I am not very good with social skills..."

"...it is true online I seem to be so happy and I love my life, but the truth is," she sighs once more.

"I'd give anything just to be a normal girl..."

"Really," you ask. She nods.

"The reason why I'm even a vlogger is to show people that I am approachable and outgoing. But in real life, it doesn't really work like that..."

"No one ever really wanted to get to know me for who I am." She is a bit sad. She then chuckles. You look at her concerned.

"B-but, it's no big deal. I don't really have any...actual friends. But everyone online treats me sorta like a friend which is nice I guess..." I had no idea she actually felt like this. I thought her life was perfect and all, but here she is telling me her problems. What if she really doesn't have any....friends....You lend out your hand.

"W-well, let's change that!" You say with the other hand on your hip. She looks at you with realization.

"I mean...I-I could be your friend..." She looks down shocked and loses her balance for a sec and falls on her knees.

"Gah! A-are you o-" you look at her face and she looks relieved. A few moments later she slowly takes your hand.

"T-that would mean a lot to me...Thank you, Y/N..." she says with a calm smile. You feel your phone beep.

"Huh?" You say as you grab your phone.

"Frick! I supposed to be walking home right now! Ah, and I didn't even get a book!"

Hotaru giggles at your behavior. She opens her bag and hands you a book.

"Here," she says. You look at the book and grab it.

"Woah, hey! This was the book I actually came here for! But, a-are you sure?" You ask. She nods.

"Yes, it's fine I can always purchase another copy." She says with a smile.

You smile too.

"Thank you."

You guys exchange phone numbers so you'll be able to contact each other. You say your goodbyes and part ways. You begin to sprint home, but something out of the ordinary catches your eye. A bird flying straight towards the ground. Huh that's strange. I wonder where it's going-
You make contact with the bird as it knocks you down. Everything goes black.