Chapter 26

Ocean

After taking on new work commitments and tasks, there is little to say that I was exhausted at the end of the day. I came home, throwing my shoes in the corner by the door and as a parachutist I landed on the couch.

My body was exhausted and I felt every little bone in my body hurt. But much worse is the other pain. . . which is not visible to the eye, but whose consequences are far-reaching. And which eventually reach you and strike you under all their force.

Anguish in soul and mind.

Life did not allow me to move on, and a new obstacle and challenge awaited me on every corner. I felt a little tired of it. . .

On the one hand, I did not manage to escape the claws of the mafia, and already now I had the feeling that my father obligated me more than he thought. He put a mortgage on my life.

And on the other hand, I began to slowly fall for the charm of the cruel and badass Kaden. And I have a feeling I gave myself to him more than I expected. That I gave myself entirely to him that night. Both soul and body.

Thoughts of varying intensity and polarity collided in my head.

"Chill out sis."

I yelled at myself and demonstratively got out of couch, slowly taking off my clothes and heading for the bathroom. When the last piece of my clothing slid down my leg, I plunged into a rain of hot water gushing from the shower.

I needed a little break from reality. And music has always been a way to beautify, not so pleasent everyday life.

I wrapped myself in a bathrobe and played Daddy Yankee's song on the phone. I started swaying my hips and dancing, throwing my hands like a pro. Although, if someone looked at me from the side, it would look like a parody. Because that's probably what I looked like.

The music fell silent for a moment and a loud beep sounded, signaling some notification. I went to the phone and saw the message.

9pm. Tonight. Starbucks on the outskirt.

I froze in place as Daddy Yankee largely tossed his rhymes. What does he want now? I picked up the phone and pressed it to my chest, looking into the distance.

The only thought that soothed me at the moment was that Ian wanted us to meet in a public place. That means he has no intention of hurting me. For now.

I turned off the music and went to dry my hair. I tied it in a ponytail and dressed all in black. Because that's how I felt. Black. And the blackness became clearer and brighter. Black seemed to be my destiny.

Approaching Starbucks, I turned my head from left to right, as in a movie. I clenched my fists in agony that spread through my body like a deadly poison, pressing my heart to pump faster and faster.

I went in and looked around the room for a familiar face. His deep scar and bald head flashed before my eyes. He was sitting in the corner, watching me with a smirk on his face that didn't bode well.

I took a deep breath and headed for him. When I reached the table, he held out his hand, gesturing for me to sit down, pointing to a chair across from him.

"Sit Ocean."

I pulled out a chair and sat down, staring at his haunted face the whole time.

"What do you want, Ian?"

He laughed at me, curling his mouth to one side. The shiver wrapped around me again, like an annoying woolen sweater that causes a rash, forcing you to scratch all over your body. He was itchy, and I had to get rid of him. At all costs.

"Patience baby girl."

The words from his lips were like poison that ripped my ears and deafened me with their disgust.

'' I'm not your baby girl. I don't understand why you don't leave me alone for once? I repaid the debt, right? I don't owe you nothing. Not anymore. "

His face grew darker and once again a dangerous smile twisted his face. He approached me, leaning his body slightly across the table, leaning on his elbows.

"Baby girl, you owe us until we tell you it's enough."

He leaned back in his chair and pushed a folder toward me slowly.

"And I'm telling you, it's still not enough."

I frowned and looked down at the folder in front of me. I was confused. And worried. I raised my head and asked him sharply.

''What is this?''

He tilted his head to the side and raised both eyebrows.

"It's a way to thank us for letting you live."

I took a deep breath, but I had a feeling that all my airways were constricted and narrowed, and that oxygen could not penetrate to my lungs.

''Open it. Take a look.''

I watched him for a while, frowning. Every muscle on my face was stiff. Every thought in my mind was tangled. I was so fucked up at that moment.

I slowly pulled the folder closer to me and opened it. Its content struck me like a heat stroke. My eyes moved at high speed through the lines written on the paper in front of me.

With a quick movement of my hand, I closed it and moved the folder away from me. I looked up and shot Ian a look.

"Ian, what is this?"

He leaned toward me again, stopping only ten inches from my face.

"It's your first job, my baby girl."

------------

What do you think Ian meant when he said it was his first job?

Don't forget to comment and vote 🌟