Chapter 20

Ocean

"Hey girl!"

The resonant female voice startled me out of my thoughts. I raised my head and Amber and Nathan headed in my direction with plates in their hands.

They pulled back their chairs and settled comfortably, while a bubble full of some chatter and beautiful, positive energy developed around them. I love people like this, who act like the sun on a rainy and gloomy day.

'' You naughty, what were you thinking about? You are blushing so frickin' hard. "

Amber smiled at me, raising one eyebrow and tapping me lightly on the shoulder.

''Nothing! I'm not blushing! "

I exclaimed with a smile from ear to ear, covering my cheeks with my palms.

"Nathan, we have one dirty mind hiding under this nun mask."

She winked at Nathan, as he seemed to absorb her every word, staring deep into her radiant face. Honestly, I don't think he even heard what she said, he was just watching her.

"Stop Amber, it's really nothing!"

''Yeap. If you say so.''

She leaned toward me and winked at me, continuing to stab the pieces of fried chicken we had on the menu.

We ate, laughing and chatting. It's been a long time since I've felt so comfortable and happy with someone.

"Soo Amber, I heard from your colleague about a club that opened last month. She says the nightlife is top-notch. "

She moved her  chair back so that the creaking could be heard on the canteen tiles. She turned her body toward Nathan, resting her hand on the back of his chair. I wonder if they both understand that their body language speaks what they are not aware of. I suppose.

''Oh yes. Rosalyn has been telling me all week about that club. We have to go!''

Then she turned to me, all beaming. I can already see her intentions.

"Ocean, Nathan, we have to go. I think. . . it's Friday and you certainly don't have a better things to do. Isn't so?''

I frowned, already thinking of some lame excuse in my head. I have obligations? I have to feed the cat? There is a good movie on TV?

"You're not going to turn me down, are you? Come on guys, we've had auditors all week who have turned our asses upside down. We worked like horses. Nathan?"

"I'm in favor, I have nothing to do anyway."

He raised his hands in the air and continued to chew his food.

"Ocean, you better agree, or I will keep asking you what's going on under those rosy cheeks?"

I'm hiding a super handsome guy, who has a body like a god walking the earth. And who I was with yesterday. . . Aghhh.

''I agree!''

"You see, this was not so terrible. Good girl. "

She patted me on the shoulder, as if I really was some little girl. What a personality. I haven't known her in a few days, but I already adore her.

We continued to have breakfast with an agreement on where we would meet and at what time.

Honestly, I could hardly wait for the end of office hours to go home and start getting ready to go out. The truth is that I have never been out to a club before, and I was ashamed to admit that to Amber and Nathan.

I took a shower and started rummaging through the closet, arranging things and moving the boxes. I squatted, leaning on my knees, while my upper body was immersed in the sea of ​​clothes in front of me.

"I know you're here somewhere. Yeah, I see you! "

I grabbed a small shiny box and wiped the dust that had settled on it. I opened it and sat down, while an innocent but slightly sad smile lit up on my face.

I took a short black dress out of the box and held it in front of me. Memories began to surface.

***My 18th birthday. My father was wasted because of alcohol and forbade me to invite friends to come. I went out into the yard and climbed a tree by the fence and sobbed softly.

''Hey yo! Ocean its me, Olivia. Can I climb? "

I looked down and saw my best friend. I wiped my tears with my sleeve and nodded. After I helped her climb up and sit on the branch next to me, she handed me one shiny box.

"Happy Birthday Pacific!"

Something in the form of a smile flashed across my face. This is the only gift I got for my birthday. I wiped away the tears and hugged her.

"Thank you, Oli. So I'm Pacific now? Until yesterday, I was the Atlantic Ocean. "

We both laughed.***

I took a deep breath and hugged the dress. So far, I haven't had a chance to wear it anywhere.

I looked out the window, where the stars were swarming in the clear sky.

"Thank you, Oli."

I whispered softly.

I decided to put on just a little bit more makeup than usual and put on burgundy lipstick. For the hairstyle, I decided to do a slick back. I put on my little black dress and taking a purse from the table, I took one last look in the mirror.

The short black dress hugged my curves all in right places. The long sleeves complemented the bare back brilliantly. I took a deep breath and set out to meet up with friends.

I hopped impatiently in place, waiting for them. Obviously I didn't feel very comfortable in this little black dress. Going to a club? The feeling was foreign to me. A singing female voice made me turn my head in the direction from which the wonderful tones produced by her vocal cords came.

She's just a girl and she's on fire
Hotter than a fantasy, lonely like a highway
She's living in a world and it's on fire
Filled with catastrophe, but she knows she can fly away

I laughed looking at the wonderfully moody Amber. She didn't even know how true the words she sang to me were.

Oh, oh oh oh oh
We got our feet on the ground
And we're burning it down

I sang to her too as she approached to wrap me in a generous, girly embrace. We smiled at each other and burst out laughing.

"I wouldn't want to interrupt this women's gathering, but we have to go if we don't want our reservation to expire."

Nathan said, pointing to the wristwatch on his hand.

"Okay, party breaker!"

Amber told him, grabbing both me and him by the arm. Really a pearl from a girl.

Nightlife, here I go!

------------------------

What do you think is gonna happen in the club?
Song from the chapter:
https://youtu.be/J91ti_MpdHA