Chapter 19

Ocean

I was sitting in a crowded canteen and reluctantly kneading food on a plate. So many things bothered me, that I just didn't have an appetite. The things that happened haunted me.

"Are these seats taken, can we join?"

I lifted my head from the plate and saw two smiling faces with plates in their hands.

''Sure.''

I replied by moving my chair to the side to make room for them.

"By the way, I'm Amber."

"And I'm Nathan."

I looked up and gave them a decent smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Ocean."

"How long have you been in the company, I haven't seen you?"

They are in a really good mood for a good old chatter. I pushed the plate away from me and rested my elbow on the table. Well, it's probably time to do something called interaction with some other human beings.

"I've been here recently. I got a job as Mr. Atkinson's personal assistant. "

"Mr. Atkinson is really wonderful. You were lucky. "

Amber, a girl with short blonde hair and brown eyes that just shone off her face, told me.

"I'm in accounting , and Nathan is in the legal department."

Amber said, putting her hand on Nathan's shoulder. When she touched him, he turned his head towards her and offered her a warm smile. They are cute.

"Aren't you going to eat that, you haven't eaten anything from your plate?"

Nathan turned to me, looking at my plate in astonishment.

"I have no appetite this morning."

''Oh women, you and your diet. Come on, take a few bites, these corporate business hours will eat you up anyway. "

He said pushing the plate persistently towards me.

''I can't. . . ''

"Ah, you must!"

"Okay grandma, I'll eat some."

I told him, raising my hands in surrender. Amber and I both laughed.

We chatted a bit more over breakfast and I have to admit that I enjoyed this little chat.

''I'll see you tomorrow!''

Amber waved at me as she and Nathan walked to their floor.

Upon returning to the office, I looked at my phone that was on the charger.

Did everything go fine last night?

I just looked at the message and left the phone. I'm not in the mood to tell him anything. I have to put my thoughts together in my head first.

Jaxon didn't come to work today either, but that's why Jane covered me with the post that arrived. And she brought them at the very end of working hours. She did it on purpose, sneaky bastard.

The clock struck 6pm a long time ago and I finally sorted out all the post and left it on Jaxon's desk. While waiting for the elevator, I felt a vibration in my purse and rummaged until I found the phone.

Why aren't you answering me?

'' Uhh! ''

I pushed it back into the purse and got into the elevator.