Chapter 9

Ocean

As I paced the sumptuous corridors of this magnificent building, I began to tremble softly under a layer of clothing. My stomach tightened and vibrated in constant waves of torturous mixing of expectation and pleasure. Almost pleasantly painful.

The leather folder slid slowly down my hands, which began to sweat at some rate, so I tightened my grip even tighter.

A black chrome elevator catapulted me to the top floor at astronomical speed. I turned around, running my fingers over the elevator wall, remembering that similar walls like this closed silently around me yesterday. And him.

The door opened. I tried not to look around too much and not look like a lost tourist in some metropolis. I boldly stepped towards the reception desk, where Jane's copy was waiting for me. But even more beautiful. Even more lush. But with the same artificial smile.

"Good afternoon, how can I help you?"

I smiled, clutching the leather folder in my hand.

"I came to bring some documents to Mr. Ward, can you announce my arrival to him?"

In an instant, her smile disappeared, while she boldly measured my every millimeter, so she smiled falsely again, but with a dose of some inappropriate arrogance. And audacity.

"Do you have an appointment?"

I frowned, questioning myself. No, I didn't announce myself, I wasn't even sure Mr. Jaxon did it. Probably Kaden is expecting him, not me. Surprise factor.

"I don't, but Mr. Ward is expecting my boss, who is unfortunately prevented from coming, so he sent me."

She rested her head lightly on the palm of her right hand, placing her index finger on her cheek, as if considering something. She got up, and without notice tried to take the file from my hand. How rude. And unprofessional.

"I'll take it to him."

I frowned at her, leaning back.

"These are confidential documents and I AM the one who has to submit them personally. I hope I was clear enough. "

She sighed deeply and nervously, straightened her burgundy-smeared mouth and, straightening her skirt, while sitting elegantly on the chair. She picked up the phone and called, I guess Kaden.

'' Kaden. . . khm. . . Mr. Ward, there's a young lady at the front desk. . . ''

"Ocean Bailey."

I tossed it to her, after she looked at me questioningly.

''. . . Ocean Bailey, which has no appointment, but says that she brought some very important documents. "

She looked at me with an extremely gloomy look that turned into a fake smile like magic and addressed me.

''I understand. Miss, Mr. Ward is expecting you. This way. "

She showed me the way. I don't know what these women have against me, but I'm definitely not their type these days. Growing up, a lot of girls and so-called girlfriends harassed and marginalized me because they couldn't stand when guys approached me and not them.

I was quiet, imperceptible, unimportant. And yet they approached me, not them.

What my father could not take away from me and gamble, indeed, was the beauty I inherited from my mother. She was to some extent my curse, but also a dear reminder that the character of my dear sweet mother lives through me.

As I walked down the hallway that inevitably led me to him, I felt a tension begin to build between my legs.

I paced foot by foot, unsuccessfully twitching my muscles and trying to keep that feeling from reaching my brain and clouding this little bit of common sense that I was obviously left with.

The light in the hallway was dimmed, accentuating the white walls and the gleaming black tiles that hissed under my footsteps, announcing my arrival.

When I formed in front of the massive and modernly carved black door, I swallowed the bitter taste in my mouth and with one very dramatic exhalation knocked and put my hand on the door knob.

''Come in.''

A deep, slightly hoarse male voice in some tones, was heard. I was sweating, and at that moment to be honest, I felt aroused and wet.

The office was huge, screaming power. At the other end of the room, across from me, was a large ebony table, neatly furnished, with a laptop, a desk lamp, and a few piles of neatly stacked papers. Behind the table was a huge window, probably three meters high, from floor to ceiling, behind which the city lights shone like small light bulbs in various, cheerful colors, framed by a black sky that covered the vault.

And he.

He was wearing a white shirt, whose sleeves were rolled up to his elbows, revealing his gleaming Rolex watch and a tattoo around his wrist, which I had not noticed until now.

I wonder if there are any more tattoos on his body? And at that moment, I wondered if under all those layers of clothing were really carved muscles that can only be seen in the hints through his branded shirt.

His short-cropped hair framed his sharp features and the penetrating and relentless blue pools beneath which were pale dark bags, which in no way diminished the beauty of his appearance.

His Adam's apple looked tense, as did the veins on his neck when he studied me without any shame, lightly flipping his eyes over my knees and all the way up, and again the same.

At that moment, I felt myself burning and I gathered my legs even more, crumpling my already soaked lace panties.

'' Miss Ocean. . . We meet again. "