Chapter 21

Ocean

We found ourselves in front of a crowded entrance. A bunch of people waited in line, talking and smoking cigarettes.

"There's no way we're going in, look at the queue."

I said pessimistic and sad, because I really hoped to taste the fun that nightlife offers. But for me, nothing seems to go so easily.

"Don't worry, ladies, I have some aces up my sleeve."

Nathan winked at us and he went toward the entrance. Amber and I looked at each other in astonishment and followed him. He approached a security man and said something in his ear. The man just listened to him and then nodded.

"Ladies this way."

He motioned for us to come and we sailed into the world of loud music, smoke and madness.

Fluorescent bright light dyed us in the colors of the rainbow as we barely made our way to our booth. Sweaty, half-naked bodies clung to us, almost separating Nathan, Amber and me.

The music was really loud, but I liked the playlist.

We sat down at one table, while I looked around as if I was in Disneyland for the first time.

"Ocean, you seem totally lost, like you're going out to a club for the first time."

Amber leaned against me, laughing hilariously. I looked at her like a lost puppy and curled my face, frowning.

'' Oh shit. You're crazy. Is this really your first time going to the club? "

I nodded as she turned to the waiter who came to our table.

"Well, then we have to make it unforgettable. Waiter, bring us two piña coladas and one vodka for him. "

Not long after, the waiter brought us our drinks. We relaxed, enjoyed the music and talked as much as the noise allowed us.

The sweet taste of pineapple and whipped cream was so appealing that I didn't even notice when I got to the bottom and I had nothing more to drink. I feel like I'm going to regret this tomorrow..

The club became too crowded.

'' Guys, I'm going to the bar to take a new round. Do you want the same? "

I pointed at the empty glasses. Nathan winked at me and Amber showed me her thumb in OK. As I turned, I noticed Nathan slowly approaching Amber and listening to her incessant chatter with a wide smile.

I barely made my way through the crowd when I came to the bar, leaning on it. No bartender was nearby and I turned my head in both directions, looking for one.

"Are you looking for someone?"

A hoarse male voice whispered in my ear. I turned and saw Jaxon. My boss. More attractive. He looked younger and relaxed than in the office, and when I think about it, he is about the same age as Kaden.

"Mr. Jaxon, I didn't expect to see you here. I'm looking for a bartender, but obviously everyone is busy. "

He smiled at me and raised his hand in the air. A young boy immediately appeared in front of us.

"Sir, how can I help you?"

He turned to Jaxon, and I wrinkled my face in amazement at how he could have formed in front of us so quickly. Where was he when I was looking for him?

"Two Piña coladas and vodka."

I whispered to him, after he raised an eyebrow to ask what I wanted.