Chapter 47 - One redhead, two redheads

Start from the beginning

"Don't you think I've tried? I've sent her my thoughts, I've sent messages, I've called. She's ghosting me."

"Then try again."

"She doesn't wanna talk to me!" Dean raised his voice unintentionally. "And I can't blame her for it 'cause she's got every right to be angry with me. I screwed up; I know that. It's my own damn fault for treating her the way I did, for cheating, for... for not telling her I love her."

He shut his eyes and shook his head, sinking back down on the bed.

"I'm in love with her."

"Well gee, genius, tell me somethin' I don't know," mocked Bobby. 

"Alley's got feelings for Sam too, Bobby. And he's got a thing for her as well. He has for some time now. If it comes down to him and me, she's better off with him."

"No, she ain't."

Dean looked up at his mentor. The stern expression softened. Bobby sighed.

"I asked Allegra flat-out if she could tell me in all honesty that she didn't love ya anymore," he said. "Guess what, she couldn't. Yes, she cares for Sam. Maybe she loves him. But she definitely loves you. Come on, boy, think about it. You saw the future we were headed to, and I heard what the angel said. Your son. Not Michael's, not Lucifer's, not Sam's, yours."

"That future's already changed, Bobby," rebuffed Dean. "Lucifer isn't in Sam anymore, so the Cage won't open. Allegra won't be forced to pick him 'cause he got his mitts on me, and I won't be forced to let Michael use me as a meat suit. The deal won't happen. That... That night won't happen."

"Just because one thing won't happen, don't mean the other won't either. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. And you two are meant to be. I know it. And your daddy knew it too. John saw something in Allegra when we met her 20 years ago. He told me he hoped that girl would survive long enough for her to meet his sons 'cause he was certain she'd help fight the fight, possibly even end it. I never thought that would happen, but here we are. So you better grow a pair and find her!"

Bobby's ghost flickered like a light bulb and then disappeared. Dean looked around the room to see if he would come back, but Bobby stayed away. He gave a weary sigh and rubbed his eyes. Find Allegra... That was easier said than done. Best detectives in the world couldn't find Allegra if she didn't wanna be found. Dean's only shot was with a little help from above. But Cas was out of commission, and there was no other angel he could... Hold the phone...

"I pray to Turiel. If you're still on our side, I could use a hand with Allegra. I need to know where she is."

Everything stayed silent. Dean dropped back on the bed. Why had he even bothered? Suddenly, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out, and his eyes widened when he read the message he just received.

'Allegra has befriended someone within the Leviathan headquarters. She will need your help soon. Find her in the city by the lake.'

***

"Charlie, slow down. You're not making any sense. What happened?"

"I am freaking out here, Grace! T-The CEO of my company, Dick Roman, h-he asked me to crack this drive 'cause it had all this important stuff on that he needed, and so I-I did a-and then boom! I'm reading all this weird stuff about people eating people and black ooze and how borax can hurt them 'n stuff! I am not making any of this up, I swear!"

"Charlie, calm down. Where are you now?"

"Home, I'm packing my stuff."

"Stay put. I'm just a few blocks away."