Everyone started laughing as large beards began growing from both of them and all their hair turned white and they began fighting. Cedric and I began laughing uncontrollably but it died down when everyone turned as Viktor Krum walked in followed by Nikolai and Karkaroff who shot me an intimidating glance. I saw Krum give a slight smile to Hermione as he placed his name in the goblet and I nudged her. Nikolai shot a smile and a wave at me and Hermione nudged me this time.

"Seems like you got yourself some competition," I said leaning in closer to Cedric.

"Nothing I can't handle." He said in a jokingly condescending manner. I laughed at his action.

"So when do you know if you got chosen?" I asked him.

"Tomorrow." He replied and I could see he was anxious. 

"Oh..." I said feeling a little nervous myself.

______

After the day ended I walked up to Gryffindor tower and when I got there I saw my owl standing at the window sill holding a letter. I rushed forward and grabbed it knowing it was Sirius. I ran upstairs to my room and into the toilet and ripped it open.

Dear y/n

I'm sure your mother has her reasons for not telling you what happened. Of course, I know, but it is not my place to tell you. What I can tell you though is that yes, your mother was put under the Imperius curse once but I can't tell you why or by whom. Please be careful, Harry told me Karkaroff was staying at Hogwarts as well and he is bad news. Watch out for each other and trust each other. I miss you too very much dear.

All my love,
Padfoot.

I expected some sort of relief from finding out the truth but all I felt was more confusion. I wanted to know why my mother was put under the Imperius curse and by whom, why and the rest of the story.

_____
We were all gathered in the great hall for the goblet of fire ceremony. I was extremely nervous for Cedric, I knew how much he wanted to do this.

"Now the moment, we've all be waiting for." Dumbledore bellowed as everyone found somewhere to sit. I ended up sitting next to Nikolai. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle had decided to sit behind us. "The champions selection." Dumbeldore proceeded, he dimed the lights all around the hall, then extended his hand towards the goblet.

The flames in the goblet then turned red and a piece of paper flew out of it which Dumbledore caught.

"The Durmstrang Champion is...VIKTOR KRUM!" He announced and cheers erupted from all around the hall. Nikolai was about to hug me from excitement but was interrupted by Draco taking his hand and giving him a bro hug instead. I shot him a disapproving glance and we all sat back down.

Dumbledore repeated the same process and caught a piece of paper once more.

"The champion from Beauxbatons is Fleur Delacour!" Cheers erupted once more.

Finally, Dumbledore repeated the process once more. "The Hogwarts Champion is...." I scooted to the edge of my seat nervously. "CEDRIC DIGORRY." I jumped up screaming in happiness as did the whole of the great hall and as Cedric walked forward he stopped in front of me and I jumped hugged him tightly, he spun me for a second in a tight embrace before he walked off with the rest of the champions. 

I returned to my seat and saw Draco with a huge pout. I was tired of his actions and his toddler tantrums so when I sat down this time I leaned back in between's Draco's legs and saw him instantly light up.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions!" Dumbledore quieted the hall down. "But in the end, only one will go down in history, only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory. THE TRIWIZARD CUP!" He said pointing at a glowing cup that was revealed at the front of the hall.

Once more the hall erupted into cheers. But the noise soon died down as the Goblet began flaming once more. A piece of paper was spat from the flames and everyone looked puzzled. Draco and I shifted forward.

"Harry Potter" Dumbledore muttered in a barely audible voice. "Harry Potter," He said louder.

I straightened up and tried to spot Harry as fast as I could. I felt a mix of emotions, anger, confusion, frustration, fear.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore shouted furiously this time.

I saw Harry stand up from a bench at the corner and the hall was silent as he walked up to Dumbledore. People all around the hall were giving him looks of hate, anger, and disapproval. As Harry kept walking down the hall he locked eyes with me and I muttered: 'why?' He shook his head slightly and I could see his face of confusion. Once he took the piece of paper he continued walking towards where the other champions went too and people began shouting their disapproving comments.

"Cheater!" Malfoy said from behind me.

I turned and gave him an angry look but knew that I really had no way of defending Harry this time.

"This is not fair," Nikolai said from next to me. "Two people from Hogwarts." He shouted and more Durmstrang boys began complaining about this situation as well. Girls from Beauxbatons joining in.

Dumbledore quieted everyone down and dismissed us all. I immediately made my way over to Ron and Hermione.

"Did you guys know about this?" I asked them and they both shook their heads. I could see Ron was furious so instead I stuck with Hermione. "I mean surely they can't let him compete right?" I told Hermione. She shrugged. "What was he thinking?" I said frustrated and then I started walking faster.