𝘁𝘄𝗼

i awake to the feeling of the cold, my body shivering badly, my teeth clacking together annoyingly

i awake to the feeling of the cold, my body shivering badly, my teeth clacking together annoyingly. "w-what the-"

i sit up and realize i'm sitting in the middle of no where, nothing but piles and piles of thick, white snow filling my line of vision.

no trees, no house, nothing.

then, a sudden loud thud echoed in my ears, causing me to hold my hands over them. but the thud made a mini earthquake occur beneath me.

it got louder and louder, closer and closer. i tried desperately to stand up and yell for help, but my throat was dry, and i kept getting sucked back into the heavy snow, as if it was pulling me down by force.

after a while of struggling, i eventually gave up, not caring anymore. but as soon as i stopped, the white soon disappeared, melting almost instantly.

the coldness that took over my body was no longer there, in fact i felt warm almost immediately. i tried to stand again, and thankfully i succeeded.

but something was holding me back from walking. i looked down and saw something wrapped around my ankle..

a.. hand? tears start filling my eyes, my breath hitched when i realize what was holding me back, what i was standing on.

it wasn't gravel that the snow was covering, it was people. stacks of people who were barely moving, blood analyzed across the platform.

but the hand holding me back- the body i was standing on was- "dad?"

at that, i immediately opened my eyes, sitting upright on my bed. i didn't even realize the tears dripping down my face as i carried my hand over my mouth, trying to stop the heavy gasping.

sweat dripped down my forehead, the uneasy feeling in my stomach only worsening. i bring my hands to my face, sobbing tiredly into them.

not long after, i picked my head up and looked out the small window next to my bed. i realized it was most likely about 5am, the sun just barely peaking over the horizon, the sky still showing a dark dewy night. almost unconsciously, i shuffle out of the sheets and grab the sweater that was resting on a chair, quickly walking outside.

not knowing what to do, i pace back and forth, checking the ground occasionally to make sure it wasn't made of dead people. 'what kind of person has a dream like that?' i ask myself. that wasn't normal.

an idea popped into my head and i don't think twice about it. jogging towards a certain door, i knock on it a bit loudly to hopefully wake them up.

surprisingly not long after, the door slowly opened, revealing a very tired mikasa. "y/n? what time is i-" i cut her off with a hug.

i didn't know what else to do, i've never experienced a nightmare like that. i dig my face into her chest, making a fist out of her shirt.

she closes the door and doesn't hesitate to hug me back, realizing my breathing wasn't normal. she started petting my head, her other hand tightly around my back. "y/n i need you to follow my breathing, ok?"

i nod, still holding tightly onto her. i do as told and listen to her heart beat, following her inhales and exhales.

her body temperature felt warm, her heart beat soon taking over my ears. her hand soon is taken off my back and placed onto my hair. "how many times do i have to fix your hair for you?" she almost whispers, gently giving me a very soothing scalp massage.

i carefully unclench her shirt, melting into the light touch. "you wanna tell me what happened?" she whispers again, this time quieter and closer to my ear.

i cautiously unwrap my arms from her, sad her embrace left my still trembling body. "i had a nightmare and didn't know what else to do."

a humorous breath was heard from the girl standing rather close in front of me. i drop my head, but she picked it up by my chin with her finger. "do you wanna talk about it?"  i smile at her and nod my head, mikasa leading the way to her bed.

we sat on her bed while i told her about the strange dream. weirdly, she didn't cringe or laugh at it. it's rather, she understood how i felt.

she understood me.

i met mikasa during training a couple years ago. she looked more of the anti-social type, but we clicked almost instantly. it was as if we've already known eachother from years before.

during that time, i wasn't in the best place mentally. my heart felt as if it shattered into a million pieces because of what the titans did to my family. the horrifying thoughts circled my mind endlessly almost daily; it was killing me,

but i was lucky enough to find someone like the girl sitting in front of me, and from that day on i've somewhat developed feelings as our relationship prospered.

but never will i risk our friendship being ruined over some pesky crush. shes way to important to me. she can't get rid of me, i'll always be by her side, there for her. dating or not.

"thank you mikasa, really. i don't know what i would've done without you." i say as i lean in to give her yet another hug. "i'll always be here for you, y/n."

i wake up to the bright beaming sun shining in my face seeping into the room through the curtains. while shifting around in familiar the bed, i further realize i wasn't in my room.

i must've fallen asleep on her bed.

i turn to see none other then a still sleeping mikasa, soft breaths escaping her mouth. she looked so calm, so perfect. i couldn't help but stare a little longer then normal.

i took a deep breath to prepared myself for what's about to happen to me..

"MIKASA! MIKASA!"

she almost fell out of bed, the poor soul trying to understand what was happening. "what! what!" she yelled all wide-eyed and serious.

"tch, you always fall for that." i mumble, trying to hold back my laugh for fear she'll hurt me as bad as she hurts those titans.

an angry look was shown on her face as she pushed me rather harshly towards the wall next to me. "your an ass y/n."

"oh boohoo, that won't affect me. you should hear what jean calls me sometimes.."

she let out a heavy sigh, basically sliding out of bed and stretching a bit before making her way to the bathroom.

it wasn't weird at all waking up next to mikasa. we've known each other long enough to have sleep overs, so the awkward tension disappeared over time.

when she locked the bathroom door, i let out the huge laughter i was holding in. "i can hear you laughing!" a muffled voice said.

"you should've seen your face!"

and then the door unlocked, revealing an angry mikasa.. "oh no.."