𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

mikasa let her tight grip off of my torso, bringing her hands to her face

she seemed confused- full of these questionable emotions she couldn't seem to get a grip on.

"do you really love me y/n?" she whispers, sniffling a bit.

a sudden pain filled my heart- it hurt seeing her cry like this. i removed her covered arms from her face, getting a glimpse of those red, puffy eyes.

𝗺𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝘃

i let y/n hold my arms. i felt vulnerable, weak. it was scary admitting my true feelings. i've been holding back for a while now, scared about what might happen. by here i am, tears pouring down my face as y/n comforts me.

once i catch her e/c eyes, a soft smile plastered the girls' face. she didn't break eye contact with me, or rather, i didn't want us to break it.

"mikasa."

she let go of my arms, dragging her hold down to my hands, cupping them.

"i.."

she leaned in, those adventurous eyes of hers staring deeply into mine.

"love.."

she was close. one of her hands grabbed onto my shoulder.

"you."

she kissed me. it tasted sweet, it felt spirited.

she let go, light gasps landing onto my lips.

"so much."

suddenly i felt her wipe the extra tears that were resting on my reddened cheeks.

"please don't cry."

i've never felt as much love, as much romantic tension as i do with the girl sitting before me.

i should've seen it earlier- how much she does for me.

i dropped my head, not sure if i could speak my truth while looking her way.

"you care for me.."

this caught her attention, her eyes averting to me. she sat up properly on the still horse, showing me i should go on.

"you stand up for me.."

"you make sure i'm ok, i'm eating, i'm healthy. when i ended up in the infirmary, you were the one who i saw visiting me."

i took a shaky breath.

"you were the one who i was hoping i would see."

the wind flew by us, messing with my hair a bit.

"y/n, i've never felt for someone else what i feel for you. it's new, but so lively. and now that you've confessed your love for me, i fear i might get addicted."

indeed it was terrifying admitting all of this, but it had to be said. i can only show this much emotion with her, i might as well set it free.

and set free it was.

"i wouldn't mind you getting addicted on my love. in fact.."

the lose side-bangs that covered my line of vision was tucked behind my ear, an amiable kiss erupting goosebumps onto my skin.

"i'm already addicted on yours."

𝘆/𝗻 𝗽𝗼𝘃

the dark-haired girl slowly lifted ever head, facing me now. she had a look of shock filling her flustered face. i let out a short giggle.

"tch, it's not funny." the girl comments, sniffling a bit more.

the sky shifted from a bright orange to a calming blue, the moon slightly showing itself to the world.

light-up bugs flew around us, the horse  playfully acknowledging them as it made its way back towards the barn.

by now, we've walked around the entire interior of the fence surrounding us. it was beautiful, every second of it.

the weather, the horse, my favorite person, admitting our love.

turns out i had nothing to be afraid of.

it happened naturally, and i was proud it did.

i jumped off the back of the horse, soon after helping mikasa off. she leaped into my arms, laughing a bit as i caught her.

she was having fun now.

now that i think about it, all the laughs and giggles that i heard from her were always because of me.

i did that. i made mikasa happy.

𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽

everyone besides mikasa and i left the farm. what were we doing exactly? star gazing.

no, talking to the sky.

conversing with the stars.

imagining the fire flies listening to our stories.

feeling the cold grass piercing our skin and taking it as an accomplishment.

our eyes set on the galaxy's colorful art, our bodies spread out completely on the land.

i was finally happy. i felt complete.

"mikasa."

"hm?"

"i love you."

"i love you too y/n."

"i love you mikasa."

"i love you too y/n."

"i love you mikasa-"

"i'm not saying it again."

"come on please-" "no." i just wanted to hear her say it again- i wanted to make sure i wasn't dreaming. i wanted to make sure this was truly happening. i will never get tired of her telling me she loves me.

i will never get tired of her.

i snuggled up in her warmth, closing my eyes, feeling the wind connect with us.

the wish i made when i was a child, i remembered it. what i truly wanted in life was to find the love of my life.

i wanted to have a fun time with someone, have a secure bond with someone, share our love with each other.

'mom, dad, brother. i found her, the true light to my darkness. i'm happy. isn't that what you always wanted? for me to be happy?'

my arm lazily reached over her stomach, connecting my fingers with hers.

"thank you y/n. for everything."

the last thing i heard was her voice praise me, her steady heart beat, the wind in my ears.

but the last thing i felt was her touch. such delicate hands, such a warm body.

your touch saved me, mikasa ackerman.

if anything, i should be thanking you for everything.

"rest a bit y/n, i'll be right here with you."

"i love you mikasa."

"i love you too, y/n."

"𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝘁𝗼𝘂𝗰𝗵 | 𝗮. 𝗺𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮" 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲

(see end part for more)