𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

𝗺𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝘃

𝗺𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝘃

'finally back in my room.' i think to myself, a grin appearing on my face.

after sitting in that hospital bed for about a week, i could finally get back to training.

y/n made me stay longer then needed 'just to be safe' how annoying..

i flopped onto my bed, enjoying the embrace of my comfortable blankets, the light shining through the open window sun-kissing my face.

taking in a fresh breath of air from the chilly breeze floating through my window, i start thinking about y/n.

she always enjoyed the outside, the sky in particular. i remember when we first met, she kept looking up. that glimmer in her eyes when she saw what was above her, rather that be a gloomy, cloudy day, or a soothing, shiny sunset.

the way she cares for it like it's her best friend, the way she cares for the ones she loves the most like they're her everything.

like they're her sky..

and i'm one of them..

i received a happy feeling coursing through me as i came to the realization. why does that make me feel so happy? so special?

i sat up slowly on my mattress, leaning against the wall in annoyance. i didn't know what to do about these feelings.

i mean sure i want to be with y/n but not like that. right?

a cold breeze ran up my spine, as if the wind was giving me a wake up call.

a rather disappointing sigh escaped my mouth as i thought of what i should do.

i looked out the window once more, the sun's glow slightly stinging my eyes.

a beautiful hue of pink and orange filled the world, keeping the atmosphere at peace. 'now i understand why y/n enjoys the view so much.'

a faint pain paced around my shoulder, causing me to cringe a bit. though i was out the medical office, i was still healing.

finally deciding on what to do, i got off the messy covers and jogged towards the door, making my way to the outdoors.

it's been a minute since i had this harmonious alone time. i decided to try and do what y/n does, and 'be one with the sky.'

it's almost as if it was calling my name, trying to tell me something. what was it it had to say? would it answer questions of my own?

𝘆/𝗻 𝗽𝗼𝘃

"oi, stop being such a lazy ass jean." i said annoyingly, poking his foot with the broom in my hands.

"how about you stop making my shoes dirty and focus on your side!" he yelled back, rolling his eyes.

"tch, that's why captain levi likes me more."

"EHH!? he yelled at both of us because of YOUR mess!"

i sighed at the sadly true statement. "well-.. it wasn't ALL my fault! you're the one who decided to dodge my rice attack and throw your food back at me!"

as a very, very angry jean was coming towards me with the broom being held as a bat, a loud, intimidating foot step stopped the both of us from ripping eachother's heads off.

we both paused our childish fit almost immediately.

that foot step was enough for me to completely stop
breathing, as i knew exactly who it belonged to. "if we die," i whisper, looking wide-eyed at the door frame, "just know, i never liked you."

"screw you." he whispered back, to scared to yell.

"oi, what's all the noise? have you two finished cleaning your mess?"

i could've sworn i almost passed out at how scared i was. captain levi was indeed a scary man, but when it was solely about cleaning.. let's just say i try not to get involved.

sadly, luck was not on my side this time.

the captain slowly walked towards the door frame i was eagerly staring at, looking at both of us with a cringe expression.

"well?"

we became a stuttering mess, tumbling on top of each others' words.

"shut up." he sternly says, clearly tired of the messy conversation.

"it's still filthy in here. clean it up, or you two won't get breakfast tomorrow."

𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗽

"ahh, jeez." i whined, putting the broom back to its' original spot.

jean had already left before me not to long ago. he was still a bit mad at me for 'starting' the whole food fight, but i blamed him just as much.

i finally made my way outside, closing my eyes and breathing in the fresh air as the warm breeze touched me. i've been stuck in that cafeteria for about an hour with cleaning products; i missed the outside.

once i opened my eyes again, i slowly looked up, expecting a nice blue sky. my eyes widened as i saw the light shade of pink and orange fill every crook.

"wow." i sigh out.

"there you are." i heard someone say.

turning my head towards the voice, i'm met with- once again- those beautiful black locks.

"you were looking for me?" i asked in a smug, soft voice.

"don't feel so special y/n."

we both looked at each other and let out a couple giggles, gradually getting closer to each other.

once we finished our mini laughing fit, mikasa looked at the horizon, breathing in the fresh air herself.

"it's beautiful isn't it."

"you have no idea." i say, but i'm not sure we were talking about the same things..

the girl turned her head, facing my eyes, barely giving me enough time to look away from her. luckily, it didn't seem like she caught onto my embarrassing comments' real meaning.

"come with me." was all she says before grabbing wrist and pulling me towards what seemed like the farm.

i didn't argue nor complain with her. i trust mikasa enough to know she wouldn't do anything suspicious.

but walking through the large grassy field with her, a light touch on my wrist, i felt once again, at peace.

her touch..

though it was just a simple thing, a friendly way of 'dragging' me along with her to the location, it still felt nice.

after speed walking a bit across the grass, we finally started walking normally as we got closer and closer to where she wanted to take me.

and as we got near the place,

her touch became warmer.

she came closer, her hand gliding lower and lower down my arm.

and slowly, she reached the palm of my hand.