𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

the entire walk back was silent between the two of us

the entire walk back was silent between the two of us. we finally found mikasa and armin, but i sensed they caught on to our awkward tension.

they didn't say a word about it. instead we got somewhat scolded by armin about our disappearance, and continued our walk back to home-base.

what eren said earlier- it's not like that thought hasn't crossed my mind at some point. i knew all along what situation we would get ourselves into if we ever become a couple.

i was actually somewhat offended he thought i wasn't thorough.

if i knew it wouldn't work out, i wouldn't have kissed mikasa that night in my room- i wouldn't have agreed to date her- i wouldn't have even agreed to be her friend if we're talking long-term.

but then again..

"y/n, you ok?" a voice asks, making me jump out of my thoughts. i blink a bit at the person, fully processing what they had asked.

"hm? oh, i'm fine, i'm fine."

i didn't want to worry mikasa with all of this, especially when she's probably thought of it herself. mikasa is definitely the type of person to think every situation through, especially a relationship.

we're gonna be ok.

as long as we have each other, that's all that matters.

time skip

by the time we all arrived back to our rooms, i was so tired i basically fell on my bed, barely awake enough to put the blanket over my body.

my face pressed against the somewhat comfy pillow, my eyes slowly shutting, preparing myself for a good nights' sleep.

that is, until a slight knock on my door startled me.

"hey, y/n? it's mikasa."

letting out a tired yawn, i crawl out of bed and make my way towards the door, letting mikasa inside.

i make my way back to my bed, not bothering to say a word to her, though i wanted to.

"you that tired?" she reply's to my lazy fit, sitting near the foot of my mattress.

"hey, can i ask you something?"

i ruffled through the sheets, getting a small glimpse of her through the lighting of the lamp placed on my desk.

"go for it."

it seemed as if she almost immediately replied after i agreed to her offer.

"why did you and eren leave earlier?"

she took a pause, signaling it was my turn to somehow respond to that. having to deal with an argument at this second was something i did want to do, but lying to mikasa.. i would just feel guilty.