𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

𝗺𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝘃

𝗺𝗶𝗸𝗮𝘀𝗮 𝗽𝗼𝘃

the clock annoyingly ticking each second read '3am.' i unraveled myself from the loud blankets and got up yet again- for the 5th time- trying to pass the time some other way.

i knew by now i wouldn't be able to sleep if all i'm focused on are these.. feelings. this i was why i didn't like getting deep in-thought about myself.

i couldn't risk ruining what i already had with y/n. we had the perfect bond, dare i say better than what me and eren ever had.

she actually understood me, my desires, my wishes.

my head pounded, my heart ached. the sleeves of my top were soaked in frustrated tears that poured down every once in a while.

'how could i..' 'why would i..' 'is this even normal?'

thoughts circled my mind, to many to answer. "what the hell do i do now.." i mumbled through gritted teeth.

laying with y/n earlier today, that bright, shocked expression on her face as she saw the remarkable new view made me melt with joy.

she was so pretty, her e/c eyes darting every which way, as if documenting everything she saw.

once she made that dumb assumption about the cloud and we started cracking up, i realized i had never had this much fun in my life.

i realized that every time i have remotely as much as i had today, it was always with y/n.

i wanted to know if she felt the same. i needed some hope.

but the thought of those soft lips on mine brought butterflies to my stomach.

"UGH!" i shouted, walking up to my bed and subconsciously punching the pillow.

i couldn't take it anymore, the pressure i was putting myself under. i took my black sweater and quickly slipped it on while walking out of my room, sliding my shoes on as well.

the cold air brought a shiver down my body, but i chose to ignore it.

i didn't know why i was doing this, but i had to see her.

𝘆/𝗻 𝗽𝗼𝘃

the stars glimmered with beauty, making a smile show up. the moon accompanied them, flashing brighter than the rest.

everyone constantly focuses on the 'big picture-' they forget the mini details that brought everything together.

"you're all so beautiful."

i sat on the mini step outside of my room, basically snuggling myself from the chilly weather.

though it was late, i couldn't sleep. the silence suffocated me to the point where i just ran out.

i fiddled with my fingers while thinking about today. it was nice, but it would've been better if..

if i didn't have to constantly hold back my feelings.

i was growing impatient with myself, and that's never a good sign.

a familiar figure blocking my view brought me back to reality, easing up the tension i've created as well.

"so we're both awake, huh." i say.

my smug expression suddenly turned to a serious one as i noticed the faint red on the person's face, as if she had just cried.

her hair seemed messy, those orbs of hers glossy. she definitely went through something i wasn't aware of.

"hey." i softly said, standing up and bringing mikasa into a tight hug. my arms wrapped around her waist, placing my head on her chest. her heartbeat seemed unsteady.

she instantly embraced me back, her hands making their way to my back.

i heard the faint sobs she was so obviously trying to hide, which completely broke my heart. 'why is my sky so sad..?'

slowly unraveling myself from the long hug, i cautiously placed my palms on her cheeks, wiping the extra tears lingering.

our bodies were close, our faces closer. i realized this as i felt her warm breaths on my lips, but i chose to ignore that for now.

"hey, look at me." i said in a quiet voice, careful not to startle her.

"mmmno." she mumbled, her tears starting to calm down.

"mikasa." "no."

with that, she shut her eyes, giving me a childish fit. i sighed while wiping the rest of her tears away.

i heard mumbling from her, but couldn't really make anything of it besides "annoying" and "don't know."

after mumbling to herself for a good minute, she let out an aggravated groan and rested her head on my shoulder.

i chuckled a bit- i've never seen her act this childish.

"why are you laughing." she sternly asked.

i placed my hand on her head, gently playing with her soft hair- completely ignoring her question.

"your scaring me.. what happened?"

another groan was heard, which signaled that i shouldn't ask again.

"let's go inside ok?" i felt her nod her head.

i grabbed her hand after she stood up straight again and pulled her towards my room. she was seriously worrying me.

once we arrived inside, mikasa immediately jumped into my bed, making herself comfortable.

i followed right after, laying right next to the now half asleep girl.

we layed directly next to each other, staring at the ceiling.

"wanna tell me what's wrong now?" i asked, shifting myself to get a hold of her.

i'm not used to her being this.. strange. i didn't want to necessarily force her to talk, but she came to me, didn't she?

'you don't know how much i care for you, do you.'

a light touch on my cheek brought goosebumps to my arms.

her finger gently explored my cheek.

"you have such pretty skin."

she made her way down towards my chin, then slowly my lips.

"pretty."

my eyes widened for a second, not fully understanding the situation.

but it felt nice.

i didn't want to pull away. this feeling she gave me..

this feeling of relief washed over me.

her thumb caressed my bottom lip, tracing it back and forth.

i looked at her, confused written all over me but she instead smiled and continued this behavior.

"y/n." she whispered, picking her head up from the pillow and drawing closer to me looking at nothing but where her finger was placed.

"yes." i whispered back, gradually getting closer as well.

"i want to kiss you."

my breath stopped for a second at the statement. i couldn't even believe my ears.

at this point our faces were separated by at least an inch, our eyes fantasizing over each other's lips.

"then kiss me."