𝘀𝗶𝘅

the sky is a funny thing, really

the sky is a funny thing, really. the limit to it seemed endless. the adventures below it, the shows it performed at night.

the beautiful pigmentation of each part, fading into one another as the big glowing star in the center caught the audiences' attention.

that pattern repeating itself everyday, every night. sometimes you might not see a glowing star in the middle, sometimes you might not see the sky shining at night. but no matter what, it didn't fail to shock or impress the onlookers.

i remembered as a child how my brother would
tell me endless stories. the way he explained it seemed as if the sky was our best friend, our only friend.

and i trusted that with everything in me.

that's how i felt all my life. the view above me giving me a sense of calmness, a feeling of love.

but once i met mikasa ackerman, i knew i found my sky.

the one who's touch can simply make my heart melt, whos presence can sooth any panic in me.

it was foolish how much i wanted to be with her, even if it was just as friends.

the way we clicked instantly when we first met, it couldn't have been a coincidence.

i needed her, and she needed me.

well, what happens when your sky gets ripped from your arms?

i've been sitting in the waiting room of the medical office specifically for titan fighters for days.

they told me i couldn't visit mikasa because she was in "critical condition."

i felt like utter shit. i couldn't sleep even if i wanted to, i could barely eat, my throat felt dry but i couldn't drink water.

thick bags grew under my eyes, causing an irritated, dark pigmentation to come across my face.

i've been sitting in the same chair in the same balled-up position for hours on end, staring into nothingness.

the quiet atmosphere gave me even more time to think, which made me more anxious.

people walked passed me, not bothering to ask if i was alright. probably by the scary look i was showing.

while sitting in that dark room, nothing but the sun beaming through the curtains, a familiar presence came my way.

i picked my head up slightly from it resting on my knees and saw none other than captain levi in the flesh.

he'd been coming to check up on me almost every day, telling me to get some sleep in my room or to at least eat a granola bar.

he also visited every once in a while to see how eren was doing.

"jeez, you look so tired. have you even blinked?" he asked.