[twenty-two]

Mingyu's POV:

"OH MY LORD WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!!!!" She screeches and immediately folds her arms around my neck, as I pick her up from the ground in a bridal style.

"If you're not coming, then I'll just have to make you." I say, pursing my lips. She's so light, she must've not been eating well.

I never thought I'll get to hold her again after that night. Till the day she showed up in front of me, I thought I lost her forever. She died infront of me, or I think I should say she went missing for 6 years.

Now she's here. So close yet so far away, out of my reach.

I won't get this opportunity everyday; to hold her like this, to see her hilariously annoyed face from up close. In fact, I don't know if I'll ever get this chance after today.

She'll not willingly let me touch her again. The odiousness she's feeling from my touch is perceptibly displaying in her eyes.

I'm thankful that I'm being able to nail the art of hiding my emotions under my cold masquerade. Or else she could've easily seen just how much hurt I'm over the fact that she doesn't even want to look at me properly.

She's hating it when I'm trying to talk to her.

The look in her eyes is making me feel absolutely desolated.

I'm again in a position where I hate myself to the point I just want to jump off of a cliff and throw my life away at a junkyard. I'm ashamed of what I told her that time, although I don't remember everything.

I hate myself for what I've become without her.

I'm hurting so much, I can't even bring myself together to ask her about it and apologise.

She knew me so well before. Can't she see that I'm in pain? That I'm vacant inside?

At this point, she is acting like everyone else.

Cold, angry, disappointed and ignorant.

Everyone misjudged and left me alone for my forbidding demeanour, they didn't care who or what caused me to be like this. She's acting like them too. I can bear with everyone's misestimate, but I can't bear it with her.

I still love her. She is the only thing that ever mattered; in the good times, in the hard times.

"MOTHERFUCKER YOU'RE GONNA DROP ME OH MY GOODNESS PUT ME DOWN RIGHT FUCKING NOW OR ELSE I SWEAR TO GOD- FUCK FUCK! KIM MINGYUUUUU!!!!" She roars thunderously. She's wriggling too much, like a terrified fish on ground. At this rate I might drop her for real.

"Only if you promise that you'll let me take you home."

"FINE PROMISE. NOW PUT ME DOWN." She exhales an aggravated sigh. "RIGHT NOW."

I carefully put her down as she says. She brushes the invisible dust from her cloths and gives me a do-that-again-and-I'll-tear-you-apart look. She seems mad honestly.

She's still grumpy as ever.

She begins running ahead of me. I don't stop her. She won't go that far with those small legs anyway.

I see her squatting down outside the store. Apparently, she's having one of those greatest times in one's life with a cute white pomeranian.

"She seems to like you." I say, squatting down beside her.

Miyeon shoots me a dagger look. "How do you know if it's a he or she? Are you like a dog gender detector or something?"

The way she emphasized dog gender detector sounded so funny. I want to laugh so bad, but my laughter doesn't come out the way I want it to. It becomes a quick exhale through my nostrils instead.